Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission Leak

Reactions
I was finding spots of transmission fluid on the driveway so I got it up on the ramps yesterday to have a look and found this:
PXL_20210328_213104931.jpg
The drop was at the bottom of the bellhousing but I could not determine exactly where it was coming from as the cooler lines had some fluid on them but did not find any on the cooler or any fluid around the pan or the main body of the transmission. I know that other 2020's have had problems with the transmission cooler but I have not found any threads on here other than the one with the cracked transfer case.

It goes in on April 7th for diagnosis so I will update once it has been seen.

Reactions
When mine was in the dealer for maintenance they found the pan gasket was leaking, but that doesn’t look like what you’re dealing with.

Topp

Reactions
I have got the same leak on mine. I'm anxious to hear what the dealer diagnosis is.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
They are replacing the entire transmission assembly, they suspect the leak is from the torque converter but it would require a tear down to determine where it was leaking from.

Ford will likely do an autopsy on the unit and determine what the cause was. I know the service manager so hopefully I can pluck some additional info from him once it is apart.