Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission issues....resolved?

Reactions
I generally don't look at or care about Consumer Reports but a lot of you have probably seen the terrible (worst in industry) reliability rating for the 2020+ explorer. While doing research I see Ford had a lot of issues with 2020's and early 2021's, lots of TSB's and such that should no longer be an issue on new units, especially 2022?

Just curious on thoughts. The 10 speed is a major attraction to this (as is the 3.0 EB) and I'm aware and slightly disappointed it's the 10r60 not the 80. From reviews GM gets great marks on their 10 speed and it's essentially only software / controller changes. My 2022 is on order and I wouldn't get a tune for 2-3 years and have no interest in getting a tune in hopes it will "fix" issues from Fords tune. If Ford offered a performance tune I'd do it sooner.