Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Transmission Fluid Level in 2023 ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I decided to check my fluid just for the heck of it, since I keep hearing about low fluid levels. Well, I checked, rechecked, and triple checked to be absolutely sure of the level. Oh, before I checked, I let it idle for about 10-15 minutes and went for a drive for 10 minutes, so I made sure it was up to temp. I burned the crap out of myself doing it! Anyways, I ended up with a reading all 3 times at half way between 5 & 4. It was just a little closer to the 5 ! The car has 2900 miles. Its brandnew! I noticed a slight hesitation between 1-2 shift and 3-4 when cold. It sorta nose dives a bit. It stumbles a little when turning. Whats a good level that everyone is going for???? I hear a few different levels that range between 3-4....I attached a picture showing the level..

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have 4.5 level also. Perfectly fine for me. A quart below that, i was getting noticeable gear whine when cold. Not at 4.5 though.