Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trans. dip stick

Reactions
I was sitting here thinking about our ST which is our second one and wondering why some aftermarket people haven’t designed a dipstick tube and dipstick that could make easy access to our trany’s. Doesn’t seem like rocket science. Being a little old and ocd it sure would be nice to switch to a aluminum larger capacity pan with a drain plug and have the ability to change the trany oil every 10,000 miles or so Too much time to think! lol. Jim IMG_1100.jpeg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looking above the dipstick I could see no room for a tube. I put a PPE pan with a drain. I drain and measure how much came out and put the same in and save the hassle of the dipstick next to the hot exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Looking above the dipstick I could see no room for a tube. I put a PPE pan with a drain. I drain and measure how much came out and put the same in and save the hassle of the dipstick next to the hot exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably a better idea. I’m just lazy but your idea will work for me. Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I was sitting here thinking about our ST which is our second one and wondering why some aftermarket people haven’t designed a dipstick tube and dipstick that could make easy access to our trany’s. Doesn’t seem like rocket science. Being a little old and ocd it sure would be nice to switch to a aluminum larger capacity pan with a drain plug and have the ability to change the trany oil every 10,000 miles or so Too much time to think! lol.
There is just no room to put one. As mentioned, either the PPE or the Mishimoto pan have a drain plug for easy fluid changes.

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks!