Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Trail Hitch Area Cover

Reactions
Price? Every time I see a new post I have to open this thread hoping there will be a price announced.

lespaulh

Reactions
That’s my black on black ST in all those pictures. One of my friends is behind the hitch cover project with whoever introduced it here. They have been using my ST as a prototype for fit, initial photos etc..

You guys will love this cover. It looks fantastic. The fit is top notch pro. The hard part will be deciding what options you want. They all look great.

Reactions
Will this product have much vibration on it after install or is it pretty sturdy ?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Will this product have much vibration on it after install or is it pretty sturdy ?
It’s pretty snug to honest. Haven’t driven around tho yet. Sending it off for paint soon. Vinyl won’t stick well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
It’s pretty snug to honest. Haven’t driven around tho yet. Sending it off for paint soon. Vinyl won’t stick well.

Excellent and good to know . Thank you for the reply !

Do you happen to have the ability to measure the top portion of the cover where the "ST" logo would be located ? basically the measurement from the top to the middle crease below the logo

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Excellent and good to know . Thank you for the reply !

Do you happen to have the ability to measure the top portion of the cover where the "ST" logo would be located ? basically the measurement from the top to the middle crease below the logo
I’m In Dallas TX for business but I can once I get back to SAN tomorrow. I’ll take a pic with a measuring tape if that helps.

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
My 2018 Explorer Platinum had the factory cover, and the newer models went cheaper in construction. I will look to get one for my ST.
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum crop 01-18-2021.png

Last edited:
Reactions
I’m In Dallas TX for business but I can once I get back to SAN tomorrow. I’ll take a pic with a measuring tape if that helps.

That would be a huge help !

Reactions
I wanted to come back on this thread and explain the reason for me wanting the dimensions . I know I emailed zeus3d to ask the same question but I seem to be getting some resistance on answering the question . I am not looking to copy or create my own cover . I am not looking to give or sell information to anyone to create their own cover . I am merely asking so I know what I need to customize mine when I order it . I will be ordering one myself but I want to do some modifying to it to make it one off . I am wanting the dimensions so I know what size pieces to order before the cover arrives .

Reactions
I wanted to come back on this thread and explain the reason for me wanting the dimensions . I know I emailed zeus3d to ask the same question but I seem to be getting some resistance on answering the question . I am not looking to copy or create my own cover . I am not looking to give or sell information to anyone to create their own cover . I am merely asking so I know what I need to customize mine when I order it . I will be ordering one myself but I want to do some modifying to it to make it one off . I am wanting the dimensions so I know what size pieces to order before the cover arrives .
I will try to get you this answer. We got you man.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
My 2018 Explorer Platinum had the factory cover, and the newer models went cheaper in construction. I will look to get one for my ST.
View attachment 5508
I don't think it was just for cost cutting. I like the rugged look of the hitch and don't mind it one bit. I do have a receiver insert that is just a plain black rubber insert. Many on here have unique inserts that look cool. The Aviator does have a built in cover, but that is probably going with the styling of that particular vehicle.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Clean product … wrapped in forged carbon

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Exhaust is available after Father’s Day weekend. It’s still on

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I love the hitch covers. However the cost for them is a little too much. Hopefully the cost will come down.

Jdavis

Reactions
Exhaust is available after Father’s Day weekend. It’s still on

How much are you asking for exhaust and where in TX?

TooTall

Reactions
Clean product … wrapped in forged carbon

Hott paint job on the hood. Love how you set the whole thing up. Also, I love your plate!