Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
This is a '22 ST.

First time I got the fault was about a week ago driving around, driver rear tire. Stayed on the whole time I was driving. Next time I started it up it went away. Nothing for about a week then it did it again. Same scenario, stayed on while driving and reset on next startup.

I know I should take it to the dealer but just checking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would suggest looking at your tire pressure sensor readings on the dash. Is one of them missing on occasion? I would be nice to know if it's just one tire or the module.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I would suggest looking at your tire pressure sensor readings on the dash. Is one of them missing on occasion? I would be nice to know if it's just one tire or the module.
Whenever the fault happens the reading is missing from just that sensor. The others are displaying readings.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Happened again last night.

Reactions
I have to look at my Ford Pass on my phone to get tire pressure readings. Am I missing something?

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I have to look at my Ford Pass on my phone to get tire pressure readings. Am I missing something?
You can pull it up on the dash readings also.

Reactions
Thanks, I found it after 6 months with my car. I must be the old dog learning new tricks at a slower rate. I took my car to the dealer. They "recalibrated" the sensors. They thought it was just a glitch, and to return it if it popped up again. I will keep everyone posted as time passes.

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Thanks, I found it after 6 months with my car. I must be the old dog learning new tricks at a slower rate. I took my car to the dealer. They "recalibrated" the sensors. They thought it was just a glitch, and to return it if it popped up again. I will keep everyone posted as time passes.
I'll bring mine in to have it reset also. Thanks for the update.

Reactions
is the recall fix really cause a decrease in torque and performance?

Pepperjack

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My ‘21 has this problem recurring all the time. Different wheel, or wheels, each time. Dealer says I have to bring it in with the alarm active to see what the problem is. “Ford won’t let us just throw parts at the problem” he says. Anyone replaced the module and the problem went away?

SeanColin

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm having this issue also, not going to bother with it until it goes in for regular service.

Reactions
My front right TPMS disconnected on a short road trip mid-June; it hasn't happened since. (2022)

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
I'll bring mine in to have it reset also. Thanks for the update.
Mine has stop doing it for whatever reason. I still have the error messages on the Ford Pass app to show the dealer if I ever get around to having the recall done for the rear end.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My left front has lost signal multiple times since December. Happens about every week it just throws the warning. Dealer recalibrated but it didn't solve issue. They ordered me a new one I just need to go over to get it swapped out.
Where is everyone purchasing another set of TPMS sensors for Aftermarket Wheels/Tires? I have a summer set of Velgens on the way and I want to order up the sensors. Thanks in Advance!