Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Throwin codes

Reactions
Dash lit up today with multiple codes. Hill descent fault, rear collision avoidance fault front collision avoidance fault and 4WD system fault. Fordpass app also chimed in. Pulled into gas station to fill up. Restarted,everything lit up again, drove home. Asked wife to follow me to the dealership. Eye roll, but agreed. Started again and nothing. No code, no faults no little wrench nothing. Told wife never mind, another eye roll and life is good. Something I should pursue with dealer or just an
ST thing. 8k miles worrie free

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Take it to your dealer. Even if they can't, or won't, find anything at least you've got the problem on record.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Good idea. Thanks

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
if it happens again, take a picture of the dash. also ping @KegsBdry pretty sure they had the same issue

KegsBdry

Reactions
Tell them to look at the battery caps, mine were slightly melted. And there is an update to three different systems needed too. This also, all happened at 8K miles.

Thanks, @zdubyadubya

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Tell them to look at the battery caps, mine were slightly melted. And there is an update to three different systems needed too. This also, all happened at 8K miles.

Thanks, @zdubyadubya
Thank you for the heads up! Trolled your past posts and saw you had a similar issue. I'm at 8k as well. I'm checking what you suggested. You and many others make this site a great source of valuable info. Thank you

rchuro

Reactions
I had the same issues and they had to replace some sensors/components (I’ll have to check the work order history the dealer gave me to see what the actual fix was). It’s starting again randomly.

The FordPass app should be capturing the alerts too. Take a look at the Message Center in the app. Here’s a screenshot of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Off to the dealer again. They were nice enough to hook me up in an Edge ST. Info center really lit up this time 10k miles. Followed advice and took plenty of pictures. My Ford Pass info center looks exactly like Rchuro above, with the addition of cruise control being inoperative and the drive modes unoperative which was a PITA since we were on a family Christmas ski trip. Would've liked to see how the all wheel drive made a difference, but it as well as the active Trac required service. Also noted the front sensors went offline. Didn't pick up the metal bollard post next to the water heater in the garage, came reeeeeal close. I'll give you all the download when I get her back.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
ST is back. Codes gone. Source was a bad front half shaft speed sensor. Not uncommon from what I'm told. Believe there is a TSB on it. They did some "investigating" in the back. Got a little chilly in Charlotte and I left a coat in the back seat, when I went to the dealership to retrieve it I noticed all the panels had been removed. Seem fine now, did a good job putting it back together. They said they reflashed the computer, but now the "modem" won't communicate with Ford Pass. Called FP and they said needs to go back because on their end they could tell the truck was not communicating. FP screen will not show the picture of the vehicle, nor its location. Back to the shop tomorrow. At least they greet me by name now

KegsBdry

Reactions
ST is back. Codes gone. Source was a bad front half shaft speed sensor. Not uncommon from what I'm told. Believe there is a TSB on it. They did some "investigating" in the back. Got a little chilly in Charlotte and I left a coat in the back seat, when I went to the dealership to retrieve it I noticed all the panels had been removed. Seem fine now, did a good job putting it back together. They said they reflashed the computer, but now the "modem" won't communicate with Ford Pass. Called FP and they said needs to go back because on their end they could tell the truck was not communicating. FP screen will not show the picture of the vehicle, nor its location. Back to the shop tomorrow. At least they greet me by name now
Sounds like my experience. It took 5 trips & 2 dealerships to resolve the Gremlins in my Ford. Good luck.

Explorer ST Posts