Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal 3" + FenFab Downpipes

butt_yodel

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi,

Has anyone installed FenFab catted downpipes with their Thermal R&D 3" exhaust? I recently put the new Thermal 3" on, it was a downpipe-back system with improved flex sections from the OEM part. Will the Thermal flex pipes bolt up to the FenFab downpipes without any issues? I noticed the SPD's on the market as well, but it seems they come with improved flex sections, which I no longer need. Any insight appreciated - thank ya :)

Reactions
I had the same questions, in for response.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There are no guarantees when you try to mate 2 different companies parts. They “should” fit without issue…but you may have to massage them a little. Only one way to find out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi,

Has anyone installed FenFab catted downpipes with their Thermal R&D 3" exhaust? I recently put the new Thermal 3" on, it was a downpipe-back system with improved flex sections from the OEM part. Will the Thermal flex pipes bolt up to the FenFab downpipes without any issues? I noticed the SPD's on the market as well, but it seems they come with improved flex sections, which I no longer need. Any insight appreciated - thank ya :)
The SPD and thermal won’t be a direct fit you will have to get the exhaust shop to custom merge the two I’m dealing with that now.