Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal 2.5 vs Borla Type S

which echaust are you currently running?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Haven't experienced the S-Type but the ATAK is loud and you can expect some drone at cruising speeds.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I like the Thermal also, but is the sound signature much different between the 2.5 and 3? And (being new) I see a lot of clamps on the Therma. Isn't that an issue (or at least a potential issue)?

Thank you,
there has been a few issues with the clamps on the Thermal. some have had to change the clamps to something different due to the clamps failing to stay tight. I actually am having an issue with my rear muffler sagging due to the clamps not holding tight enough. i might put a quick tack on it just to keep it from moving as it has moved several times since the install.

Armsen

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thermal 2.5 has no highway drone. I currently have it installed. I have had Borla S Type and Magnaflow in the early days on my 2020 Explorer ST. Magnaflow was the only one with a pronounced highway drone.
Would you say the Borla or Thermal was louder? Looking for minimal mid-range fartcanning. Coming from an MBRP axle back that sounds….civicy