Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Hummer EV

Blackssr

Reactions
Number 001 Sold at Barrett Jackson this weekend for $2,500,000. I love the looks and the specs are off the chart. 1000 HP and 11,500 lb./ft. of torque. (The torque number made me rewind twice as I thought I heard wrong) It makes the Cybertruck look like a toy.
What do you all think? 120K is not the that crazy for the coolest truck on the road.

GMC HUMMER EV | “Revolutionary World Premiere” | GMC - YouTube

Reactions
The tq #s are measured in some weird way as it doesnt really have that much tq. I imagine tq #s are somewhere close to the hp #s. Otherwise, the truck looks legit and the feature list is insane. I anxiously await the SUV version which is being released next month but dont think I'm ready to cross over to pure electric at this point. Too scary to off-road/adventure without at least a gas backup/last resort IMO.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The tq #s are measured in some weird way as it doesnt really have that much tq. I imagine tq #s are somewhere close to the hp #s. Otherwise, the truck looks legit and the feature list is insane. I anxiously await the SUV version which is being released next month but dont think I'm ready to cross over to pure electric at this point. Too scary to off-road/adventure without at least a gas backup/last resort IMO.
Really? Where did read this? All other EVs are rated similar to the ICE competition.
I agree the feature list is a dream come true on that one. The removable roof panels and crab walk are insane. It is truly a game changer. It reminds of when I used to watch Bigfoot and USA1 Monster Trucks complete and they would crab walk in freestyle.

The Irony of the Hummer EV was that the original H2 was pushed on the public after GM gathered up all the Electric EV1s and crushed them back in the late 90s. I saw a few on the road in LA when I worked there and I actually got to sit in one 2 years at the
Smithsonian Museum in DC. It was very plain and humble. GM has paid homage in a big way to the EV1 and the its legacy. I often wonder if GM would have stayed the coarse with the EV1, instead of abandoning the program, how far ahead of the competition they would be today.
General Motors EV1 - Wikipedia ... "it coulda been a contenda"

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Some things to think about and take note how slow things really move.
1) It took ten years for Blu-ray and HD DVD to declare a winner in that war.
2) We still do not a unified charger for Cell phones yet. Wireless charging is helping to finally bridge the gap.
3) With so many different EVs coming to market in the next few years, each with a unique and proprietary setup, confusion will overtake the masses. All of the charge receptacles are different as well as the battery configurations, charge rates, etc. It is going to take a "lifetime" before we truly have unified, accessible and reliable charging network in place to replace Gas stations with regard to speed and convenience. I am 51 years old and this will not come to fruition in my lifetime. As long as we still have fossil fuels available, the transition to fully electric will be a slow, arduous process as there is no rush to accomplish it. Let us not forget that the electricity required to charge EVs are supplied by diesel generators. Back to square one. Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions
That Crab Walk is bananas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk