Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The dreaded cup holder issue stuck!

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
From what I gather, I am just another in a long line to experience the cup holder between the front seats issue. Ford in their wisdom decided to use basically a rubber band around the unit to hold it in place. Of course after a year or so of use mine is now loose and the bottom of my cup holder has fallen into the depths of my center console. My ST is now currently at the dealer getting a new assembly installed so I guess I will have another year or so before failure....A rubber band??? Come on Ford, really?

hbalek

Reactions
From what I gather, I am just another in a long line to experience the cup holder between the front seats issue. Ford in their wisdom decided to use basically a rubber band around the unit to hold it in place. Of course after a year or so of use mine is now loose and the bottom of my cup holder has fallen into the depths of my center console. My ST is now currently at the dealer getting a new assembly installed so I guess I will have another year or so before failure....A rubber band??? Come on Ford, really?
Weird! I have used my cupholders in the front every day since 3 years ago and never noticed anything loose. The only problem i have is if you spill anything on the LED lights they short out. Luckily in my case, they start working again once it dries out in the hot sun.

Reactions
Maybe they'll recognize the error of their ways and upgrade to a two rubber band system.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Maybe they'll recognize the error of their ways and upgrade to a two rubber band system.
“Come test drive the all new 2023 Ford Explorer ST; now with belt and suspender cup holders!”

Reactions
I just had this happen and my key fob fell in to boot. Looks like I'll be taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning.

Kest874

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Anyone have the part number for the 2020 cupholder with ambient lighting? One of the paws is missing on mine and the lighting gas gone out on half of one of the cup holders (was like this when I purchased)

Reactions
I just had the dealer replace the cup holder in the center console as they were falling. The part they replaced was F0LB5Z-7813562-BA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I just had the dealer replace the cup holder in the center console as they were falling. The part they replaced was F0LB5Z-7813562-BA.

Mine is a 2020 ST with ambient lighting. .

Explorer ST Posts