Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

TCNLA

TCNLA

Reactions
Hey! New to site.

I'm in a 2021 Ford Explorer ST Sport Pack and Technology Pack.....Rapid Red

This might sound crazy, but I only have about 7K miles on my ride and was wondering about tire wear. I just helped my son replace tires on his car and told the guy what I was driving and he suggested I'll only get about 25K miles out of a set of tires. Sound kinda crazy to me. Anyone got any feedback on this?
Also, would "non low profile" tires work on this vehicle? Thanks in advance!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Tire life will depend on how close you watch pressures, alignment and how often you rotate. They don’t just go bad in xxx miles.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Tire life will depend on how close you watch pressures, alignment and how often you rotate. They don’t just go bad in xxx miles.
Adding only how hard a driver is on the tires.

We used to tell our customers to have their alignment checked on a yearly basis. We offered the service for free, if you needed an adjustment that was a good time to do it.

Tire rotation on a regular basis somewhere <5000 isn't a bad idea and check the inflation pressure on a monthly basis. That'll pretty much ensure you get all that you can out of the tire.

OP
T

TCNLA

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I’ve got about 7,000 miles on it. I don’t drive it hard.

Explorer ST Posts