Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync Up Dates

Reactions
I don’t understand why Ford, doesn’t simply provide Sync upgrades on a thumb drive. I would be happy to pay for that.

Maybe some enterprising computer proficient individual would be willing to offer up the up dates on thumb drives for a nominal fee?

Reactions
Changes we actually get an update for our SYNC?

Reactions
You can already download them from Ford and load them on a thumb drive for free...

Reactions
Ford provides excellent instructions for the update on the website. It's very easy. Now I have to learn how to use the Alexa app seamlessly. Probably harder....

OP
Frank T.
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Without adding some tune mod. Does anyone happen to know how to change the response tones for when you push the synch button on the steering wheel?

Reactions
When I ran my VIN on the website it said updates were available. When I tried updating over WiFi my vehicle said it was up to date. But the versions are different on the website and what I have installed so I guess I will do the USB drive update.

Reactions
Me too Blaster!

don’t bother with the update, it does nothing, apparently. At least, none of the annoying things about Sync have improved or gone away. Waste of time.

Reactions
what are the updates?
I've searched all over and can't find anything that really tells you what is in the update. Apparently they added Alexa for some reason, according to a couple of posts. In my experience, they usually charge for map updates, at least the did for my Explorer Sport and my Taurus, so I doubt those are in there.

Reactions
I've searched all over and can't find anything that really tells you what is in the update. Apparently they added Alexa for some reason, according to a couple of posts. In my experience, they usually charge for map updates, at least the did for my Explorer Sport and my Taurus, so I doubt those are in there.
Map updates are included now with the newer Sync systems. However the Sync system updates are separate from the maps. You can check for map updates using this site https://syncnavigation.com/ford

Reactions
Map updates are included now with the newer Sync systems. However the Sync system updates are separate from the maps. You can check for map updates using this site https://syncnavigation.com/ford
Be careful using that link. It showed I had an update available but upon installing the update via USB my maps went back to 119. Before the update I was on 220.

Reactions
Be careful using that link. It showed I had an update available but upon installing the update via USB my maps went back to 119. Before the update I was on 220.
You scared me with that post so I had to check. My 2020 says I am on version is NA 118 and this site says the current version is NA 119 so I'm doing the update.

Reactions
You scared me with that post so I had to check. My 2020 says I am on version is NA 118 and this site says the current version is NA 119 so I'm doing the update.
The NA 220 came in an automatic Sync update for myself and others on here that updates.

Reactions
Yeah, I always check the current version and what I would be installing. I probably should have said that as a tip or something. It's always good to check the version of what you have currently compared to what you are going to install. Even now, the vehicle updated to 220 via WiFi yet the site doesn't show any update avail and 119 was the last it showed when it did. Maybe with pushing them OTA they will stop providing them on the site? Hopefully not since via USB is way quicker.

Reactions
Yeah, I always check the current version and what I would be installing. I probably should have said that as a tip or something. It's always good to check the version of what you have currently compared to what you are going to install. Even now, the vehicle updated to 220 via WiFi yet the site doesn't show any update avail and 119 was the last it showed when it did. Maybe with pushing them OTA they will stop providing them on the site? Hopefully not since via USB is way quicker.
After I successfully "updated " to 119 from the site I connected to my mobile Hotspot and it started downloading an update via automatic update.

I was curious if it would update to an older version or if it was smart enough to kick it back.