Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync navigation question

Brett636

Reactions
My wife and I were testing out our new ST’s navigation and was a bit puzzled as to how it worked. It kept directing us down back country roads, some of them gravel, when there were faster road options available. In one instance we were on a state highway and it wanted us to go off on another country backroad only to get back onto the same state highway a few miles down the road when there was no backup or road construction. Is there a setting we need to look into to fix this? Do we need to bring this up to our dealer? I know it’s an “Explorer” but I wasn’t aware that meant the Nav would have us exploring backroads that we didn’t need to be on. Lol

Reactions
Check your preferences in NAV settings. It probably is set to avoid highways.

OP
B

Brett636

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Check your preferences in NAV settings. It probably is set to avoid highways.
I will double check, but I was pretty sure that option wasn’t selected. Thanks for the quick reply.

OP
B

Brett636

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Avoiding Freeways was not selected, but I turned off Dynamic route guidance to see if that was the issue. I’ve used a lot of different Nav systems, but I wasn’t confident this one was sending us down the best path. C0A2BACF-4316-4390-91E1-8B1115363B51.jpeg

Reactions
Hmmm...Dynamic Route Guidance will guide you around traffic. Was there traffic on the freeway when this happened?

OP
B

Brett636

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Hmmm...Dynamic Route Guidance will guide you around traffic. Was there traffic on the freeway when this happened?
No traffic. I continued on the highway rather than following the gps and found no issues. Do you know where it gets it’s traffic information from?

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
No traffic. I continued on the highway rather than following the gps and found no issues. Do you know where it gets it’s traffic information from?
SiriusXM Travel Link