Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync 4

Reactions
I've got a 22 on order but noticed that Sync 4 is still not on the order sheet. I looked around the forums and didn't see much related specifcially to the 22's. Any idea why it's not being rolled out to the Explorers?

Reactions
Likely because they have to many sync 3 modules in stock. So they need to offload those parts and/or the Dev team has not yet work on the explorer with sync 4

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Explorers aren’t getting Sync 4…ever.
Word is they’ll move to a whole new system soon.

Reactions
Explorers aren’t getting Sync 4…ever.
Word is they’ll move to a whole new system soon.
I honestly doubt soon, they would have never spent the time developing 4 and putting it in the F150, Bronco, Mach E, and Edge.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I honestly doubt soon, they would have never spent the time developing 4 and putting it in the F150, Bronco, Mach E, and Edge.
It’s an Android based system that’s already in development if the internet is to be believed.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
@UNBROKEN is right, new android system coming- Synch on it's way out.

Reactions
It’s an Android based system that’s already in development if the internet is to be believed.
Yeah, I remember seeing that awhile back. I still see that honestly taking another taking another 2-3 years. Likely will appear in the F150 First

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just like you can now control your home systems from your phone, your TV and entertainment system from your phone, ad nauseum. Your seating preferences, key, everything will be on your phone. And you can bet- every frigging thing you do, everywhere you visit, how fast you drive, on and on; all will be tracked.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just like you can now control your home systems from your phone, your TV and entertainment system from your phone, ad nauseum. Your seating preferences, key, everything will be on your phone. And you can bet- every frigging thing you do, everywhere you visit, how fast you drive, on and on; all will be tracked.
= FordPass :)

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have never downloaded an app to my phone...including FordPass. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I value my privacy. 90% of my browsing is incognito mode. And no, I've never been convicted of a felony!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had the app, then when they updated the 'piracy' (privacy) policy in ~July, I actually took time to read through it, and they collect, and do what they please (=sell) pretty much everything you say above. [Uninstall]

Reactions
Pretty clear that the Sync system is awful. Is there an aftermarket replacement that can replace it with better reliability? Preferably one that fits and looks same physically.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I had the app, then when they updated the 'piracy' (privacy) policy in ~July, I actually took time to read through it, and they collect, and do what they please (=sell) pretty much everything you say above. [Uninstall]
I’m going to uninstall mine too. Ever since the pandemic, I don’t trust anyone who is out to make a profit. Government or private sector. Love capitalism but when $$$ is involved, people lose their minds. I value my privacy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
2023 Explorers might have the updated Android based system supposedly.

Reactions
2023 Explorers might have the updated Android based system supposedly.
If they do Im sure we will not be able to upgrade to the newest version, but I do know sometimes you can by the new module.....I really just wish there was better use of the portrait screen. The backup camera and CarPlay are so small.

Reactions
The screen and entertainment system is my biggest drawback on the vehicle. I have nothing to compare it to as it is my first vehicle in this "class" and I'm at a Ford dealership so I've never explored (no pun intended) other options to compare it to. I think the vehicle is fantastic minus the screen and sync3 system. Honestly, even Sync4 has bugs and such that are starting to emerge so from what I'm hearing the switch to Android will be great.

I keep telling myself to keep my current one for a while but I might be picking up a 23 if they do switch entertainment systems.

Reactions
The screen and entertainment system is my biggest drawback on the vehicle. I have nothing to compare it to as it is my first vehicle in this "class" and I'm at a Ford dealership so I've never explored (no pun intended) other options to compare it to. I think the vehicle is fantastic minus the screen and sync3 system. Honestly, even Sync4 has bugs and such that are starting to emerge so from what I'm hearing the switch to Android will be great.

I keep telling myself to keep my current one for a while but I might be picking up a 23 if they do switch entertainment systems.
I honestly don't mind sync 3, but there are better infotainments out there ....I would just prefer if they actually put that display to use

Reactions
The Volvo infotainment is on point.