Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SuperForged BBK Kit

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
This one has been awhile in the making... hat tip to @Brucecris for all the help.

6-piston front, 4 piston rear, standalone EPB (GT500 or '05 GT anyone?)
405mm front, 380mm rear two-piece rotors
stainless lines
Hawk 5.0 brake pads
flush with DOT 5.1

definitely more progressive than the stock track pack setup. they pick up in the pedal throw a little later and come on more gently, but once engaged definitely ramp up alot harder--i really like the new feel. like alot...

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I definitely like the things Bruce comes up with.

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
For sure. He is a good guy to boot and that always helps. Especially when trying to blaze something new.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Very nice but dare I ask what it will be going for?

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #5
As of right now they are a 1 of 2 set (the other set being on Bruce's personal vehicle). Not sure if they are going to be offered or not or when or official pricing, but I can tell you it would be significantly less than Rotora's offering.

Reactions
As of right now they are a 1 of 2 set (the other set being on Bruce's personal vehicle). Not sure if they are going to be offered or not or when or official pricing, but I can tell you it would be significantly less than Rotora's offering.
To be completely transparent - They fit amazing. They work amazing. However we have a few electrical connection issues to work out as these are not yet 100% plug and play for the EPB caliper into the OEM connector - the connectors don’t match up and I think Ford might be using a proprietary connector (I’m not an electrical wizard). They work - and work well - but I have an issue with offering something for sale that won’t work out of the box. I don’t think it’s fair to offer that. This is why I’m hesitating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
To be completely transparent - They fit amazing. They work amazing. However we have a few electrical connection issues to work out as these are not yet 100% plug and play for the EPB caliper into the OEM connector - the connectors don’t match up and I think Ford might be using a proprietary connector (I’m not an electrical wizard). They work - and work well - but I have an issue with offering something for sale that won’t work out of the box. I don’t think it’s fair to offer that. This is why I’m hesitating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce have the challenges been resolved and is this a kit that is available?

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #8
I know this doesn't answer your question, but 5000-ish miles later, still running good over here.

Reactions
I know this doesn't answer your question, but 5000-ish miles later, still running good over here.
Yes and no! Looking to go to a bigger brake option and wanting to check out all options.

Reactions
How did you route the front brake lines? Just curious what you did with the stock brake line mount on the hub to have the Superforged stainless lines put in place with good clearance for turning radius?

Explorer ST Posts