Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

sunroof Leak issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
In anticipation of my new st arriving tomorrow, I've of course been researching like crazy. saw an issue being discussed on the FB ST page about a problem w/ some explorers going out without the sunroof drain installed and having water issues. is that a resolved problem or is there a way I can verify that its not any issue??

Reactions
In anticipation of my new st arriving tomorrow, I've of course been researching like crazy. saw an issue being discussed on the FB ST page about a problem w/ some explorers going out without the sunroof drain installed and having water issues. is that a resolved problem or is there a way I can verify that its not any issue??
Been selling Fords for about 4 years now.. haven't heard of a single issue with a sunroof explorer, even with the old bodystyle.

Fords issue with leaking sunroof is mainly F-150s and SuperDuties.. I would never get a truck with a roof.. well a Ford truck.

I wouldnt worry about the Explorer.

Reactions
Search this forum "sun roof leak" there are several examples of this problem. Mostly with 2020 and 2021. After a while in your rainy season it's a good idea to check your spare tire well for water or evidence of moisture. While you're at it check the air pressure in the spare. When I needed it it was almost too low to use.

Reactions
Search this forum "sun roof leak" there are several examples of this problem. Mostly with 2020 and 2021. After a while in your rainy season it's a good idea to check your spare tire well for water or evidence of moisture. While you're at it check the air pressure in the spare. When I needed it it was almost too low to use.
This is more of an issue than a sunroof.. we've had a few brand new Explorers with water where the spare wheel is.. culprit is a broken seal around the trunk hatch at the top.

For some reason the seal that goes around meets back in the middle at the top and there are issues where it is slightly broken/cracked/seperated and water comes through into the spare wheel well.

Explorer ST Posts