Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Street Pack brake pad change.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Has anyone with the Street Pack brakes done rear pads yet? I haven’t looked into it but with the integrated EPB are they the calipers that require a special tool to open them up? Seems like I read that’s the case on the F150’s with EPB.

housegsx

Reactions
No experience with the Explorer yet, but on other cars I have just used a 9 volt battery with a couple leads attached to it. Unplug the EPB motor and touch leads to the terminal until you hear it stop unwinding.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
No experience with the Explorer yet, but on other cars I have just used a 9 volt battery with a couple leads attached to it. Unplug the EPB motor and touch leads to the terminal until you hear it stop unwinding.
I just learned there’s a procedure to put it into service mode to retract the piston. I need to watch some more videos but it seems pretty easy.

housegsx

Reactions
Without a service tool? If you can do it from the the car that would be nice.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Without a service tool? If you can do it from the the car that would be nice.
Yep...you can apparently do it yourself.

Reactions
Yep...you can apparently do it yourself.
Awesome, hope there’s a YouTube video on it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk