Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

STRATEGY UPDATE

davesike

Reactions
Hey folks..

im by no means a tuning or car guru so go easy..lol

i had a 15 mustang gt with an sct x4 tuner.
i returned it back to stock and attempted to use it on my 20 st.
i updated it and downloaded new firmware and device now said read for preloaded and custom tunes.
when i went back to the st to load the tune it said vehicle unsupported.
after finally contacting sct and going back and forth i was told the new strategy code of srbm2b3 is unsupported and they told me to get a custom tune.
so i went to 5star tuning and oredered a custom tune only to be told its also not gonna work because apparently ford updated the strategy code.
can you all take a look if you have an sct tuner and tell me what strategy code is on your device/
i was told i have to wait for sct to update or by a new tuner from nguage,
any input would be appreciated,tnx

Reactions
Grab yourself an HP tuners RTD and a tune from me. If it need to be defined yet we will just have to send in into hp tuners no big deal.

OP
D

davesike

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Grab yourself an HP tuners RTD and a tune from me. If it need to be defined yet we will just have to send in into hp tuners no big deal.
I appreciate that but I didn’t wanna buy a new tuner. I was curious to know what the current strategy code is on sct x4 that apparently worked. The aforementioned one didn’t. Thx

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
SRBJ1D3.H32. read from a Livernois device though.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
July 2019

OP
D

davesike

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Ok. Stupid question. If I uploaded your stock tune to my truck would I then be able to use sct x4 with a custom tune?

Reactions
Ok. Stupid question. If I uploaded your stock tune to my truck would I then be able to use sct x4 with a custom tune?
Man just buy HP tuners sct is terrible for tuning the St anyway it's missing a bunch of the transmission stuff. And trust me the last thing you want to do is go backwards ECU strategies because Ford has been fixing a lot of little things with their transmission tuning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
D

davesike

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Man just buy HP tuners sct is terrible for tuning the St anyway it's missing a bunch of the transmission stuff. And trust me the last thing you want to do is go backwards ECU strategies because Ford has been fixing a lot of little things with their transmission tuning.

i appreciate the feedback but if sct updates the device i can use it to load any custom tune..dont want to spend 500 on a tuner when i have one.,.they claim they are working on it

Reactions
i appreciate the feedback but if sct updates the device i can use it to load any custom tune..dont want to spend 500 on a tuner when i have one.,.they claim they are working on it
Okay then you will need to wait until they update. SCT doesn't allow you to flash somebody else's stock tune.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You couldn’t pay me to tune a new Ford with any SCT device. Sell the one you have and buy what you need.

Reactions
Had an SCT4 also
Would not work with our ST
Traded it into 5 star for N Gauge to load tunes
Got a $200.00 credit for the SCT4

OP
D

davesike

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
so i bit the bullet and bought a ngauge and tune from 5 star..they hooked me up and i traded my sct x4 to them,

OP
D

davesike

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
You couldn’t pay me to tune a new Ford with any SCT device. Sell the one you have and buy what you need.
i did that lol..got an nguage and tune from 5 star..sct jerked me around for weeks