Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Subframe bushings

Funnbobby

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thanks for the reply! I ordered those, the rear diff brace and the new front pinion bushings
just ordered the same three items. Fingers crossed everything fits properly.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
just ordered the same three items. Fingers crossed everything fits properly.
Everything fit great. I had to get the front pinion bushings installed at a shop only because I couldn't get the stock ones out. The subframe spacers were actually the quickest to install. On the rear diff brace before you install the piece that attaches to the subframe, run the set screws through the threaded blocks then back out. This will help them start easier when you're installing that piece. I have definitely noticed a difference since installing all 3. Only thing is I've noticed a slight "hum" around 45-50 mph I never really noticed before. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Tempted w/ the Steeda sale.

Warpath

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Everything fit great. I had to get the front pinion bushings installed at a shop only because I couldn't get the stock ones out. The subframe spacers were actually the quickest to install. On the rear diff brace before you install the piece that attaches to the subframe, run the set screws through the threaded blocks then back out. This will help them start easier when you're installing that piece. I have definitely noticed a difference since installing all 3. Only thing is I've noticed a slight "hum" around 45-50 mph I never really noticed before. Overall, I'm happy with it.
Man, the front pinion bushings were the worst part of the whole rear end stiffing. I wrestled getting those out for some time. Steedas video made it out like all you do is get a prybar and pop it it out. When it was really like fist fighting a dragon.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Man, the front pinion bushings were the worst part of the whole rear end stiffing. I wrestled getting those out for some time. Steedas video made it out like all you do is get a prybar and pop it it out. When it was really like fist fighting a dragon.
Damn! I just ordered these and was hoping it wouldn’t be a tough job getting those stock bushings out. What worked for you?

Warpath

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Damn! I just ordered these and was hoping it wouldn’t be a tough job getting those stock bushings out. What worked for you?
I used some large channel locks to walk it back and forth to get the lower halves out then used a piece of wood on top of the diff to brace it as i used my floor jack with an extension and large socket to slowly press out the upper halves. It's not super difficult or required magic and holy water just, tougher than i expected.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
Lol
Lol, you're right there! I wrestled with them on my back in my driveway for over and hour and finally said screw it and took it to a shop.

Warpath

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Lol

Lol, you're right there! I wrestled with them on my back in my driveway for over and hour and finally said screw it and took it to a shop.
You were a lot smarter than me, once committed i was in the fight!! lol!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did the Steeda bushings go in easily?

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Has anyone with the 1 bolt rear subframe installed these and do they fit? My 21 ST has the 1 bolt and my vin search at the dealership shows part number MB5Z-5035-J and I'm assuming that's the 2 bolt? I want to buy these along with the rear diff brace but want to make sure they fit. Thanks
Hello,
I have a 22 with the 3 bolt set up they ft fine.
I asked Ford parts counter and they claim all the 3 bolts are the same.
However he could not explain why the different subframe numbers.

Explorer ST Posts