Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Rear Dif Brace

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Im wondering if I should get one of these. because the rear subframe moves so much im worried but all of that stress will be put on something else. Any info? also wanting subframe bushings.

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
you have a 2020ST? Unless you go crazy with the mods, you likely do not need the rear differential brace. But yes to the subframe bushing supports.

OP
MKdude
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Well im going to put a 93 tune on it and getting the power around 500 so im not sure.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Im wondering if I should get one of these. because the rear subframe moves so much im worried but all of that stress will be put on something else. Any info? also wanting subframe bushings.
the subframe is not supposed to move around so much. That is why the bolts snap, wheel hop happens, and handling suffers.
Well im going to put a 93 tune on it and getting the power around 500 so im not sure.
you have a 2020ST? Unless you go crazy with the mods, you likely do not need the rear differential brace. But yes to the subframe bushing supports.
I myself would put on a brace for safekeeping, but it is probably overkill unless you launch all the time.

OP
MKdude
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Im just looking mainly for longevity upgrades and then some performance.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Im just looking mainly for longevity upgrades and then some performance.
Well IMO it wouldn’t hurt to get a brace if you’re willing to spend the money. Your choice.

OP
MKdude
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
im willing it will just make me feel better

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Can't hurt then. Sounds like you might have your hands full fixing 2020 problems though. Any extended warranty on it?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Definitely get the Steeda Subframe Bushing Inserts. Immediately. No question, just do it.

If you're not launching it, skip the brace for now; you have the 4-bolt rear and that is plenty strong. The resident ExST Street Racer Tyler Clark survived 65K miles and countless E50-fueled launches without a diff brace. Wait for JXB Performance to release their Diff Bushing Inserts, these will be the best option for you.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Definitely get the Steeda Subframe Bushing Inserts. Immediately. No question, just do it.

If you're not launching it, skip the brace for now; you have the 4-bolt rear and that is plenty strong. The resident ExST Street Racer Tyler Clark survived 65K miles and countless E50-fueled launches without a diff brace. Wait for JXB Performance to release their Diff Bushing Inserts, these will be the best option for you.
Until at 65k his diff went out. Agreed if he is not launching the car all the time, diff brace isn’t needed. I just like the peace of mind.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Until at 65k his diff went out. Agreed if he is not launching the car all the time, diff brace isn’t needed. I just like the peace of mind.
Tyler's bushings finally shit the bed, I didn't think he had any differential issues. Yes, but the Diff Bushing Inserts will provide the piece of mind he needs for his use. Like the Steeda ones for the Subframe Bushings, the JXB Diff Bushing Inserts will fill the voids in the rubber so the busings are supported better and less likely to fail.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Tyler's bushings finally shit the bed, I didn't think he had any differential issues. Yes, but the Diff Bushing Inserts will provide the piece of mind he needs for his use. Like the Steeda ones for the Subframe Bushings, the JXB Diff Bushing Inserts will fill the voids in the rubber so the busings are supported better and less likely to fail.
The diff brace would have stopped the bushings going out by prohibiting so much subframe movement.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Steeda has a video that shows how much the rear diff housing and subframe actually move around with the stock bushings.

I would get all 3, the rear brace https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8141-explorer-rear-differential-brace , the bushing inserts https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4462-explorer-subframe-bushing-support-kit , and the pinion support bushings https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4465-explorer-rear-diff-bushing-kit. Also , there is a stronger bolt out there to replace the factory bolt that can break, throw that in too, they are about 20 bucks.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Steeda has a video that shows how much the rear diff housing and subframe actually move around with the stock bushings.

I would get all 3, the rear brace https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8141-explorer-rear-differential-brace , the bushing inserts https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4462-explorer-subframe-bushing-support-kit , and the pinion support bushings https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4465-explorer-rear-diff-bushing-kit. Also , there is a stronger bolt out there to replace the factory bolt that can break, throw that in too, they are about 20 bucks.
Agreed I don’t like how much movement there is. Whoosh Motorsport is the one that offers the upgraded bolt.

OP
MKdude
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Yeah ill probably get all 3