Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Police Interceptor

Reactions
Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
In reading this article 2 things surprised me. First no word of what the performance upgrade amounted to HP wise. Second was the picture of the rear sway bar. It doesn't look like they did any thing to address the missing bolt for the rear end.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
In reading this article 2 things surprised me. First no word of what the performance upgrade amounted to HP wise. Second was the picture of the rear sway bar. It doesn't look like they did any thing to address the missing bolt for the rear end.

Nice catch! Maybe not really a big deal after all?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Not for them, the repair if necessary doesn't come out or their pocket. Just sayin
Agreed. Just pointing out that Ford is not making special exceptions for the police version that was speculated somewhere in the 5,000 posts regarding bolt fracture.

OP
Garda934
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
It maybe a stock photo of the rollbar from another Explorer and not that police interceptor. I know my departments one and only 2020 PI has all the bolts. Then again it could be:unsure:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Nice catch! Maybe not really a big deal after all?
Exactly.

Not for them, the repair if necessary doesn't come out or their pocket. Just sayin
From a safety standpoint, it's not about who pays for the repair, it's about the potential danger of something breaking while on a pursuit.

... Ford is not making special exceptions for the police version that was speculated somewhere in the 5,000 posts regarding bolt fracture.
"5,000 posts" Lol

But the 3.3L PIU's are getting the bushing and axle cover replaced.

blythkd

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
My '17 PPV with the 3.5 EB is set to be retired soon and replaced by what I am hoping will be a '23 with the 3.0 EB, rather than a Dodge Durango/Hemi. I love the looks/power/handling of my ST, although I did add the Whipple/ZFG/Steeda sway-bar/H&R springs. I do not think DHS uses Steeda for the PPV up-fit, but it would be pretty cool, especially with the tune installed as well.

Attachments