Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Lowering Springs Creak

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I started hearing creaking from the rear end. I assume its coming from the Steeda Lowering Springs, I already swapped out the rear sway bar, which didn't alieviate any of the creak. Any suggestions of what it could be? Thank you in advance.

Reactions
Have similar issue. Not real loud but notice it off and on. Sounds like a rubber squeak. I've had the Steedas on for a little more than 3 years. Big fan so this issue is not a big thing for me. Curious about the cause however.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Stock or steeda swaybar links?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Have had similar issue. Thought it was coming from leaky rear strut, which I had replaced, but same squeak and creek returned. Is this normal for Steeda lowering springs? Annoying and disappointing if that's the case.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey Everyone,

I started hearing creaking from the rear end. I assume its coming from the Steeda Lowering Springs, I already swapped out the rear sway bar, which didn't alieviate any of the creak. Any suggestions of what it could be? Thank you in advance.
The spring itself shouldn't make a noise. If it is coming from the spring it is because it is rubbing on something. Can you elaborate on when you are hearing it? Low/normal/high speed? Going over speedbumps, in/out of driveway? Turning or going straight?

OP
Kryuenger

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
The spring itself shouldn't make a noise. If it is coming from the spring it is because it is rubbing on something. Can you elaborate on when you are hearing it? Low/normal/high speed? Going over speedbumps, in/out of driveway? Turning or going straight?
Going over bumps, side to side motion, lower speeds

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Gotcha. I have had my bushings re greased as well as the end links as they are noisy as hell from steeda with minimal grease.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Gotcha. I have had my bushings re greased as well as the end links as they are noisy as hell from steeda with minimal grease.
The way I found my noise in the rear was getting on my back under the car and pushing up and letting it settle. It was the aftermarket springs from me rubbing the lower control arm on the side. Try this to see if you can hear it while under it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Coming up on 2 years this month on Steeda Springs, no squeaks. Steeda sway bar bushings made a lot of noise, the bar is wrapped with teflon tape now, no more noise from the bushings.

Explorer ST Posts