Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Wrapped Avery Matte Black

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
1A6AF026-277F-46D7-B9C5-BB140A7FC44C.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
looks great. what color is it originally? you doing anything else to it?
I bought the carbonized grey just so I could get the flat or matte PPF film over it. I think/hope it will look good.

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
I bought the carbonized grey just so I could get the flat or matte PPF film over it. I think/hope it will look good.
Thank you much! It was originally gloss black. I wasn’t gonna get it wrapped but a couple buddies convinced me. Right now is has the 40series Flowmaster with a drop in K&N. Waiting on them to build the cold air intake…the lowering springs and sway bar are on the way should be here in a week or two. The ST hitch cover is on the way as well. Lil pricey but it’ll be worth it…On the inside everything is carbon fiber’d out along with the custom car mats black with red stitching…carbontastic is building the steering wheel right now

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
and that carbonized grey is a sick color ive seen a few pictures of one lowered it looks Sssolid

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Looks great!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thank you much! It was originally gloss black. I wasn’t gonna get it wrapped but a couple buddies convinced me. Right now is has the 40series Flowmaster with a drop in K&N. Waiting on them to build the cold air intake…the lowering springs and sway bar are on the way should be here in a week or two. The ST hitch cover is on the way as well. Lil pricey but it’ll be worth it…On the inside everything is carbon fiber’d out along with the custom car mats black with red stitching…carbontastic is building the steering wheel right now
Damn thats a nice build. you should def post pictures. that steering wheel is gonna be a nice center piece of your interior.
I have the Steeda spring on the way right now and that is all I will do looks wise the PPF to turn the paint flat and the spings.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Damn thats a nice build. you should def post pictures. that steering wheel is gonna be a nice center piece of your interior.
I have the Steeda spring on the way right now and that is all I will do looks wise the PPF to turn the paint flat and the spings.
I’ll post more pics when the wheel gets installed. She’s goin in for a reflash on the dynotune Wednesday and then lower and I’m done as well. Ive read it’s an 100hp after 4 HP tunes…I’ve had explorers all my life and this model is awesome they did a great job. Post some pics as well after you get it lowered

Reactions
What does it cost for full wrap?

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
A “full wrap” where they take the doors off bumpers off etc ur lookin at like 5k+…i didn’t take anything off i just wanted the outside covered cause i have gloss black accents so it was cheaper

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Really looks nice. Would have to say 'no' to the hitch cover, just doesn't flow right with the ST, in my opinion. Hard to beat the matte color on some of the Dodge's, but yours is awesome too.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Looks great! I thought about doing a wrap like this. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost?

voodothatido4u

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Stunning! Leaving the handles gloss black is just one those things that sets this off also. Great Job(y)

Explorer ST Posts