Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Trim

Bking

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have a customer that had a 2020 ST that was totaled out. They loved the car and wanted one exactly like it but they can't find one.
The car was white with a black roof and upper unisides blacked out. It also had some black trim on the C pillar and the rear of the rear door.
Our dealer said they can not find part numbers for that trim. When I google Explorer ST Images I can not see any that are like their old car.
I am starting to wonder if the trim I can't find is aftermarket, but I am having no luck finding them.
Here are pics of the old car and their new car
Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Bruce

ash moldings.PNG Lash.jpg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yup, it's aftermarket. 2020 ST's didn't come with black tops or trim on the C-Pillar. Might be a wrap.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Those are primarily vinyl wraps done after purchase…a few have done it in paint though.
It’s an option on brand new cars finally but it’s like 5 grand or something stupid.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
That picture is probably a vinyl wrap as the roof looks the same. I have the same thing on my ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
I know someone who had their roof painted black as an option from the dealer at time of purchase back in 2020.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I know someone who had their roof painted black as an option from the dealer at time of purchase back in 2020.
That’s no a factory option though…that’s a dealer add on. It’s a factory option now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
That’s no a factory option though…that’s a dealer add on. It’s a factory option now.
Correct I was inferring that the customer may have had the dealer option back in the day on the original car