Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST smoking on startup. Anyone experienced this?

supergordo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
We've had our 22 ExST for just under a year. Randomly it will emit a good size oil smoke cloud on cold startup. Not every time. But when it does you can see it float away in the rearview mirror. One time it did it in the dark and the cloud was heavy enough that I saw it float away in the dark. I'm trying to catch it on video so I can show it to the dealer when I take it in. Curious if anyone else has seen something like this.The car has 15,000 miles on it. My wife drives it primarily. No mods at all.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
We've had our 22 ExST for just under a year. Randomly it will emit a good size oil smoke cloud on cold startup. Not every time. But when it does you can see it float away in the rearview mirror. One time it did it in the dark and the cloud was heavy enough that I saw it float away in the dark. I'm trying to catch it on video so I can show it to the dealer when I take it in. Curious if anyone else has seen something like this.The car has 15,000 miles on it. My wife drives it primarily. No mods at all.
Check this thread out.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/smoking-on-startup-after-sitting.2440/