Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Rear window tint only ?

Vados2009

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi ,

Has anyone tinted the front doors and just the rear window only to make it darker little more inside? Do you like it, recommended?

I will be tinting the front doors to match the rear stock doors but then starting to wonder if it will look nice if i also tint just the rear window or if it will look weird...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I did 20% ceramic on the doors and 50% ceramic on all the rest plus the pano roof and 70% ceramic on the windshield. It’s not cheap but it’s worth every penny.

OP
V

Vados2009

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I did 20% ceramic on the doors and 50% ceramic on all the rest plus the pano roof and 70% ceramic on the windshield. It’s not cheap but it’s worth every penny.
Yeah that combination is awesome but I was hoping to save little coin here as well :)

Reactions
Yeah that combination is awesome but I was hoping to save little coin here as well :)
I did 20% on front to match second row and third row windows and I did just the 5% on the back.

The 5% over factory rear windshield tint is perfect.. cant see through from the back (I know its unsafe but thats why I have a third brake light strobe!!) and darkens the interior more when looking from the front.

I also did the visor 5% as well.

OP
V

Vados2009

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
know its unsafe but tha
I did 20% on front to match second row and third row windows and I did just the 5% on the back.

The 5% over factory rear windshield tint is perfect.. cant see through from the back (I know its unsafe but thats why I have a third brake light strobe!!) and darkens the interior more when looking from the front.

I also did the visor 5% as well.
That's was I was looking for. Thank you for the comment

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Agreed. If you can swing the ceramic it’s a nice upgrade. Went limo (5%) all around including the sunroof. I’ve tinted every car and it’s such a nice upgrade.

Attachments

OP
V

Vados2009

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
End up with 20% ceramic on front to match second row and 20% on the rear windshield.
Now thinking to put 20 or 30% on the back cargo windows but might be pushing it to look weird from the side?