Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST missing stuff

Toyman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Just received my wife’s Rapid Red ST. Missing is the mode changing knob, hill descent control button, sweep lift gate feature and the massaging seats.

The console does not look like my ST. It looks like the one that was in my wife’s 2021 Explorer Limited.

Any thoughts?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Your dealer should of made you aware. Chip shortage issues. Although this this the first I’ve heard about mode changing knob and hill descent button being absent. Not sure about the console either. Pictures?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Do you have the 2WD or AWD ST?

The 2WD has the button for drive mode.

20220327_091714.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Just received my wife’s Rapid Red ST. Missing is the mode changing knob, hill descent control button, sweep lift gate feature and the massaging seats.

The console does not look like my ST. It looks like the one that was in my wife’s 2021 Explorer Limited.

Any thoughts?
Massaging seats were removed due to chip constraints.. not sure about the foot activated liftgate as well. Is it a 400a or 401a?

OP
Toyman

Toyman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
My salesman told me the rwd does not come with the knob.

401A package with the premium technology package.

Reactions
So then yeah.. ford put restraints on the massaging seats and foot liftgate.. maybe your salesman wasn't aware or did not reach out after founding out himself. Either way.... it is "correctly" built.