Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Accessories/Modifications

KegsBdry

Reactions
AB3C99C9-F50C-4CC8-8628-F100234BAB02.jpeg

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Borla S-Type Exhaust

FC0FE7C9-8EBD-4004-9D23-115C348E68D1.jpeg

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Did not want to spend too much money on a trailer hitch cover. They usually got stolen off my last SUV.

70ACE827-7D79-4EC2-8135-3A8F53684433.jpeg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would not recommend the Ford OEM cargo liner. It is extremely cheap, stiff, thin material. I also do not like the cutouts on the side that exposes the 3rd row arm rest--stuff falls in there all the time.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Great stuff, thanks for sharing this thread

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
This product arrived late this evening. I started looking at what would be involved to swap out the front decal. You should know you will have to remove the entire front bumper to get behind the grille. From what I was reading online, this is far different than the previous explorer models to access behind the decal.

Haven’t even begun to look at the back decal yet.

I’ll send pictures once the work is done.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I would not recommend the Ford OEM cargo liner. It is extremely cheap, stiff, thin material. I also do not like the cutouts on the side that exposes the 3rd row arm rest--stuff falls in there all the time.
Thank you for the advice. It’s on its way. I’ll try it out, But if it is as you say it is, I’ll most likely return it.

Reactions
Reactions
This product arrived late this evening. I started looking at what would be involved to swap out the front decal. You should know you will have to remove the entire front bumper to get behind the grille. From what I was reading online, this is far different than the previous explorer models to access behind the decal.

Haven’t even begun to look at the back decal yet.

I’ll send pictures once the work is done.
It's not a big deal to remove the front end. I had mine off and back on with the emblem installed in about an hour.

You'll also need to drill out alignment holes for the new emblem. It all sounds way worse than it is.

Reactions
Reactions
That pos from Weathertech had no grip. Slid all over the cargo area. So much for their laser tech design. IMHO, they simply relabeled the 5th gen and pawned it off on us. Their cup holder phone mount is nothing more than a copy of others already on the market. and, they charge more for it. Buy Weathertech and you're paying for their advertising program.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
It's not a big deal to remove the front end. I had mine off and back on with the emblem installed in about an hour.

You'll also need to drill out alignment holes for the new emblem. It all sounds way worse than it is.
I found the video. Just need to make sure I have all the steps down before pulling it apart.

Was it a two person job to get it back on? It is the whole bumper.

Reactions
I found the video. Just need to make sure I have all the steps down before pulling it apart.

Was it a two person job to get it back on? It is the whole bumper.
If you're just doing the emblem you can pull it back on one side just enough to get to where you need to for the nut. I had my wife hold it up, but the bumper is light you could easily set it on something like a box. Absolutely can do it by yourself

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ford window deflectors. ~$85. Nice now that warm weather is here. Allows you to crack the window open 2-3" in the rain. I think it looks good on an ST.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions