Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sport Mode - Maual Always on / available?

Reactions
I know I should have tried other driving modes but was having some fun. Manual was off sport mode on. I don't know why but turning on to an on ramp I hit the paddle shifters down a few gears and to my surprise it did exactly that. I had my fun and stopped gunning it and it went back to normal. Messed with it a few times same results on an off ramp. Additionally if you want it to go back to auto just hold the plus paddle for 3ish second and the display changes from the gear you are in back to D. Sorry if this was already known but was nice to have the best of both worlds.

Had a Ram defore that while I didn't have a manual button it would behave in the same manner. Learning something new and very much so enjoying my new ride.

Reactions
This "if you want it to go back to auto just hold the plus paddle for 3ish second and the display changes from the gear you are in back to D" I did Not know. Thanks for sharing.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You can use the the shift paddles any time in any mode. After a few seconds, it will revert back to automatic.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
TIL. Great feature to play around while not having to chose between manual or auto.

hbalek

Reactions
You can use the the shift paddles any time in any mode. After a few seconds, it will revert back to automatic.
That is correct! The 6 speed in my 2013 MKZ did the same thing with paddle shifters. In sport mode, it would stay in the gear selected and was in manual until you put it back in D.