Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Spoiler/Roof Wrap

Reactions
Thinking of getting my spoiler and roof wrapped or painted black. Anyone done this and might you share some photos of the look. Thanks!

Reactions
I like the look..........

1581007003825.png

Reactions
Nice....I am going to do the same thing but also going to wrap the C pillar . I also have a couple other mods i'm going to do to set mine apart from the rest .

Reactions
I like the red - not sure I'd do the "C". I won't be doing my Star White. I think the designers hit my nail with their heads.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Here is a Star White with Gloss Black Roof and C-Pillar Wrap
IMG_9272.JPG

Reactions
View attachment 715
I really like this look. I'm picking up my ST tomorrow from the dealer and it's the Metallic dark grey color. Has anyone done the roof and pillars in a black wrap like this? Not sure what it would like like with the Metallic color.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
View attachment 715
This looks great.
I've got the same style and really like the look of the wrap. you mind sharing a ballpark cost? Was there a certain color black you used?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Just 3M Gloss Black.

Roof Wrap Gloss Black (pano moonroof) $450
C-Pillars Wrap Gloss Black $100
Satellite Radio Antenna Wrap Gloss Black $40
Rear Spoiler Wrap Gloss Black $125

Bumper Clear PPF $595

2 year warranty ceramic coating (1 layer of Ceramic Pro 9H and 1 layer of Top Coat on paint/wrap, 1 layer of Top Coat on plastics/wheels, and 1 layer of Rain on windshield) with 1-step paint correction $950.

So I was $2260 out the door plus a huge tip. My guy went all the way into the door jambs, under the roof rails, down into the top of the windshield crease... He was a total pro. I am super stoked on it.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
How long does the wrap last?
Depends on a bunch of stuff. Anywhere from 2-5 years. I have had full color-change wraps that lasted forever and then a simple roof wrap that barely lasted two years. It depends a bunch on both the installer as well as the wrap, not to mention climate, how much the vehicle is stored outdoors, how the vehicle is washed, etc.

If you want a wrap to last a long time, look for an installer with really good reviews and a long history, you want to see people with at least 5 years experience because then you know how long their wraps last. There are several YouTubers that are making $$$ just doing wraps and so now everybody and their brother thinks they can do it. Vinyl application technique and how much you stretch the vinyl when laying it down can have a huge affect. Then lastly, once you have your vinyl down, make sure the shop you are going to offers some sort of ceramic coating protection package--it will help protect the material from UV degradation, car washes, and also physical degradation.