Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Speedometer/tire size/Forscan

Reactions
Okay so I’m not sure if this really belongs under wheels & tires technically but I’ll start it here, and moderators can move it elsewhere as they see fit.

I just had winter tires and rims installed today - and they are 255/50/20 tires which is apparently -2.3% in size compared to the 275/45/21s. I realize that, in the long run, this won’t create THAT big of a difference in the speedo and odometer, but I’m still curious if anyone who has used this Forscan I keep seeing so much about has been able to reprogram the car to run a different tire size? I know I have seen it before in other applications, but wondering if it’s a doable thing here in this particular instance. If it was, I might do it just because I’m a bit anal. Okay, a lot anal.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Reactions
I use Forscan and I do not recall seeing anything in there pertaining to tire size/speedo calibration. I could be wrong.

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
wheels*

lwlf13

Reactions
I did see this in there. Mine was set to something like 2300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk