Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Speedo Information

Kbol

Reactions
Does anyone know about the speedometer? the white needle has two dots on either end. Why? Why is the speedo blue and sometimes green? Sometimes the needle looks like a torch with light shinning out of the end? Can’t find explanations in the owners manual. Sometimes the dots are not equal with the needle. See pics
EEAE6E5A-BD6A-4871-A2FB-9A9FDAC1139B.jpeg
89AC88A2-E947-4712-83EC-FDED36E8E2BA.jpeg

Reactions
It’s green if you’re driving in an economical way. So if you are at speed and you take your foot off the gas, you are getting great fuel economy and it will show green. If you accelerate again it will stop being green. If you’re cruising at a sensible speed it will be green because you’re driving economically.

The dots around the needle seem to be where the “ideal” fuel economy would occur in that gear, so if the speed was in line with those dots it would be the most economical speed to be at. It moves around depending on your actual speed and what gear you’re in.

Reactions
As mentioned, that's your Eco Coach. I believe you can disable the Eco Coach in Normal drive mode.

Reactions
Yes, Eco Coach. Thank you, no matter what I did I couldn’t remember what it was called as I was typing all that sh*+ out lol

OP
Kbol

Kbol

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the insight!