Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SPD downpipes and lower 0-60 times

Reactions
Interesting since I put on the SPD downpipes my 0-60 times have been much worse..I know there's time the computer needs to learn with new parts and revision to the tune but I went from 4.11's to 4.28's
Anyone else experience this after a mod like dp's?
I have noticed though aside from that glorious whistle sound of the turbo spool the higher end pulls are much better. I'll be doing 70/80 on the highway and give it some throttle and its like doing a 50 roll. Real linear instant power.

F=MA

Reactions
More wheelspin?

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
More wheelspin?
Nope. I actually have had much better launches even at 2500 to 2900 rpm range and honestly it feels faster than before so I'm perplexed how its slower on the dragy.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is is warmer outside than when you ran the faster times? More humidity? Gas or ethanol ratios from different places or not checked? You probably need a few more runs under similar circumstances to get a real average.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Is is warmer outside than when you ran the faster times? More humidity? Gas or ethanol ratios from different places or not checked? You probably need a few more runs under similar circumstances to get a real average.
Also similar. The DA is similar and temps as well. I run the dragy on the same street. One difference is the tire psi. 4.28 was with 34/35 and 4.11 was 26/27 but no wheel spin with higher psi. I'm going to try some more runs tomorrow and see. I did some data logging for the tuner and the air fuel ratio, spark and knock sensor is all on par.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I would double check that you aren't getting a false knock from somewhere and its pulling the timing. I've heard of several guys having something random set that stupid sensor off.