Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Spark Plug Change

Reactions
Christ Almighty how hard is it to change these plugs? Local shops quoting me $400-$500 and the dealership wanted $300. What tools do I need to buy just to do it myself?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Normal tools are all that’s needed. A swivel adapter helps on the rear plugs. Remove the strut tower brace and unbolt the hard lines on top of the engine for a little extra clearance. It’s a 30 minute job.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Normal tools are all that’s needed. A swivel adapter helps on the rear plugs. Remove the strut tower brace and unbolt the hard lines on top of the engine for a little extra clearance. It’s a 30 minute job.
Thanks for the quick response. I'll go get a swivel adaptor and try to find a job guide on youtube.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, easily DIY although a pain. Always good to have swivels and extensions of different lengths. Just use the money you save to add to your tool chest.