Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sorry for advertising Ford’s reliability

Reactions
For a second time, this son of a bitch bricked itself. First time I was at home, display never turned off so it got stuck trying to shut down. I ended up taking the negative side of the battery off which after 10 minutes, reattached it and it was good to go.

Today, trying to run errands it never noticed the key get close, I tried to open the door and nothing. I had to use the key to open it. Tried to unlock the vehicle, nothing, tried to start it, nothing. I now carry a wrench in my glove box after the first issue so I took the negative side off the battery and let it sit for 10 minutes. Called for a battery service and my battery is good to go. Still dead, now needs a toe. Already a Chevy person gave me shit for a Ford with its hood up and issues.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Shit happens.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
You voided the warranty when you installed those damping hood lifts. :LOL:

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
it looks like it’s a bad body control module. It will get delivered tomorrow and installed. Hopefully that fixes the issue

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Body control module in, dick changed. New battery installed to rule that out, dick changed. So truck is still dead and we know it’s not a body control module or battery

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
You voided the warranty when you installed those damping hood lifts. :LOL:
You somewhat called it. After not hearing back for a day and a half they asked what kind of mods I have done trying to pinpoint issues. They mentioned my fenfab ecu cover possibly causing too much heat? Odd part is why would it cause too much heat in 80 degree weather verses 118 degree weather when I was in Palm Springs a couple months ago it was just fine?

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
So after a week, its looks like it was just a loose ground strap. Apparently under the driver carpet was a finger tight bolt causing intermittent issues.