Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

*Sold*...question if may?

Blackssr

Reactions
I ordered my new after market rims today with 22" tires, pressure sensors, black lug nuts, mounted and balanced, ready to be switched out.
I have the 21" OE wheels and Pirelli Tires that came on my 2021 Explorer ST. I plan on selling them complete, mounted, balanced with sensors ready to mounted on their new host.
What is a fare price to ask? The tires have exactly 411 miles on them as on Jan 9, 2021.
I will offering them on here as well as eBay and Offer up.
Local pickup only in Boca Raton Florida 33496

Expert and serious suggestions appreciated.

Please see photo showing pristine condition The red vinyl 1/4" 3M wrap can be easily removed or left on. No residue will be left behind if removed. It is actually standard Wrap cut and offered for wheels that just peals away with a bit of heat.

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Last question.
It is my understanding the stock rims are 21' x 9' with a +35mm offset and 114.3 bolt pattern. Can someone confirm this?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
mmm...I'm only 1200 miles away...:giggle: Nice wheels, should be an easy sell.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Given that these are pretty much new take-offs, I'd say they are worth $1800-2000.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Last question.
It is my understanding the stock rims are 21' x 9' with a +35mm offset and 114.3 bolt pattern. Can someone confirm this?
37.5 offset

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Seriously?, that's an odd number. The aftermarket I ordered have 35 mm offset. So the difference between the two is + 2.52.5 mm. Lower positive offset brings the wheel out more correct?There is plenty of space in that wheel well. Should not even be noticeable at approximately a hair more than a 1/16th of an inch.
The replacement tires are p275 40 r22. They are the exact height and width of the existing take offs. The stance will be identical as well the speedometer reading. Now the wait begins and hopefully FedEx ground will not destroy them. The guys that mount them will not damage them or scratch them. Holding my breath and trying not to get excited just yet. I believe this is the first time I've ever ordered wheels and tires mail order instead of going to a local shop. Times are changing especially during the pandemic. I stopped at two local shops here and neither one had any knowledge of the wheels I liked and they said we'll call back with price and availability. Neither one did after a week, so I went and purchased on the internet after researching for several days.

Last edited:
OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Given that these are pretty much new take-offs, I'd say they are worth $1800-2000.
After doing some research, eBay had no completed sales with a complete package like I will be offering, so nothing to go by. The tires and sensors are worth about $1,500 new. The OE wheels are astronomically priced from Ford. I figured I'd list for $2,500 and play it by ear. To me a successful deal is when both buyer and seller feel they were involved in a good and fair transaction. I have no intention on shipping these it will be a cash deal with a fist bump..lol.. as opposed to a handshake.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
After doing some research, eBay had no completed sales with a complete package like I will be offering, so nothing to go by. The tires and sensors are worth about $1,500 new. The OE wheels are astronomically priced from Ford. I figured I'd list for $2,500 and play it by ear. To me a successful deal is when both buyer and seller feel they were involved in a good and fair transaction. I have no intention on shipping these it will be a cash deal with a fist bump..lol.. as opposed to a handshake.
I sold mine for $2000...they seem to have gone down now that more people are going aftermarket and selling theirs. You’ll keep them for a long time at $2500.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There will be a lot more on the market as time goes by. 20% of Explorers sold are STs. That's alot. And knowing that for $1600 the street package upgrades the wheels AND calipers/pads, most would be hesitant to pay over $2000 as a matter of principal--even if you sold the base 20" set for $1000.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I sold mine for $2000...they seem to have gone down now that more people are going aftermarket and selling theirs. You’ll keep them for a long time at $2500.
Appreciate the tip.... I cannot do anything for a few weeks anyway. My new set up should ship out Monday 1/11/2021 or Tuesday 1/12/2021. If the number is 2K and that seems to be the average I have no issue with it. Thanks for your input.