Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Snow Performance Stage 2.5

Reactions
Reactions
Following

We have fuel in Canada, this would be a fun setup.

How does meth do in the winter??
Anyone know the freezing point of that boost juice?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions
that's all you need
really just the base kit and solenoid upgrade are suggested
the larger tank is not required but is convenient

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
that's all you need
really just the base kit and solenoid upgrade are suggested
the larger tank is not required but is convenient
I’m running SPD downpipes - whipple intercooler - Borla ATAK exhaust....am I gonna risk blowing my engine? I like to push hard but it’s still a daily driver!
I saw on Snow website there’s a stage 1 kit...would that be a better starting point?

Reactions
it's all in the tune
the nozzle size and meth mixture used should be discussed with your tuner
WMI kits are not dangerous at all

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
it's all in the tune
the nozzle size and meth mixture used should be discussed with your tuner
WMI kits are not dangerous at all
I’m running the Livernoise tune but was thinking of switching to @ZFGracing
That said - let’s just assume I drive it like I stole it 24/7....With all the extra HP what’s the first thing I’m gonna break or have to be cautious of....drivetrain?

Reactions
I’m running the Livernoise tune but was thinking of switching to @ZFGracing
That said - let’s just assume I drive it like I stole it 24/7....With all the extra HP what’s the first thing I’m gonna break or have to be cautious of....drivetrain?
seems like the transmission could be the weak point if you are an aggressive driver
we'll know for sure now that there are more folks adding decent power to the Explorer ST

Reactions
seems like the transmission could be the weak point if you are an aggressive driver
we'll know for sure now that there are more folks adding decent power to the Explorer ST
If the torque is kept reasonable they don't seem to be an issue. These motors are capable of making a ridiculous amount of torque, probably easily north of 600 at the wheels. If a tuner is just giving heck and running off boost pressure instead of using the torque based strategy I could see it being an issue, but if the torque is kept reasonable and pulled across they seem to be doing just fine.

I do have an option available for a built transmission as well it's $5,000. It consists of different clutch has a few modifications to some internal parts and they play with the stall on the torque converter. This will be rated at 825 foot-pounds and come with a one-year warranty.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
I do recommend going with the stage 4 Kit. The controller is a little bit better and it operates off of not only boost but RPM signal this is important because we can set up a two dimensional table for the meth injection meaning not only is it Progressive by Boost but it can be Progressive by RPM as well which is important. Doing it this way allows us to run a lot more meth without flooding the motor when the Boost comes on. If you're looking at switching tuners definitely hit me up because I can cut you a deal on the tuning package and the meth kit as a bundle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
So is anyone else doing this on the ST or am I overdoing it - I don’t do track days or drag strips...but I sure as hell love smoking dodges off a stoplight and running 0-60 in low 4s! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Following

We have fuel in Canada, this would be a fun setup.

How does meth do in the winter??
Anyone know the freezing point of that boost juice?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Well, since the two main components of windshield washer antifreeze are water and methanol, that should give you a good idea.

For the mustang, I use a 50/50 mix as I can get a gallon of Methyl Hydrate, aka Methanol for $9.99/gallon at Canadian Tire and mix it with distilled or even Reverse Osmosis water for a heck of a lot cheaper than boost juice. Blue windshield washer antifreeze works just fine too, typically it is 30-35% methanol by volume (not weight). I don't see any difference in fueling with the mustang with 50/50 or blue windshield washer fluid so no point in trying to get too precise with the tuning for one over the other.

Reactions
So is anyone else doing this on the ST or am I overdoing it - I don’t do track days or drag strips...but I sure as hell love smoking dodges off a stoplight and running 0-60 in low 4s! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Me Too! The look on their faces is priceless!

Explorer ST Posts