Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Slow 0-60?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have a video which I will post soon but It seems like my 0-60 might be a little slow

Coming around the corner at about 12mph and mashed it to see how it is I was looking at about 6-7 seconds. Granted I have no guarantee in what gear I'm in but that still seems a bit slow for what I've been hearing people run

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You need a Dragy or that other gps-based device. Otherwise it's meaningless.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What you described in no way is how you record a 0-60 time.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
If you're coming around a corner, a few things could be coming into play that are slowing you down.

The Electronic Stability Control might be kicking in, and also what driving mode you were using.

Try it in a straight line and in Sport Mode on dry roads, let us know if there's a diff.

The 0-60 for my ST when it was stock was ~5.3 sec in good DA. With the FP tune, my best is 4.7 sec.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
James, keep us updated on your acceleration results.

I honestly expected you'd get a bevy of helpful replies on your query, give it time ...

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
James, keep us updated on your acceleration results.

I honestly expected you'd get a bevy of helpful replies on your query, give it time ...
Yeahh i kinda lost my video too. Luckily the weather has been good lately and I think i can get a good vid today. I think part of my problem was that starting at around 8mph I would probably be in 2nd or 3rd gear

Was using sport mode but didnt disable any traction, should I disable both the trac and advance trac?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Yeahh i kinda lost my video too. Luckily the weather has been good lately and I think i can get a good vid today. I think part of my problem was that starting at around 8mph I would probably be in 2nd or 3rd gear

Was using sport mode but didnt disable any traction, should I disable both the trac and advance trac?
How do you measure 0-60 if you're starting at 8mph.This is measuring 8-60 starting in second or 3 gear down shifting then going it will obviously be slower. Yes you should disable tract and adv tract. Disable the tact stuff push the brake in hard and hit the skinny pedal til youre at about 2500 rpm and lift off the brake. You'll run 5.3-5.5 as advertised.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
I have returned with a legitimate video

88lx50

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Looks about right considering the video length is 6 seconds. You ran in the 5’s

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Best way to fix that problem is located here.

And it is on sale, so the gf/wife can't complain.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Best way to fix that problem is located here.

And it is on sale, so the gf/wife can't complain.
My main thing is compared to stock how am I. I wanna make sure im solid at stock before mods