Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Should we make the jump?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Currently my wife drives a '19 Expedition Limited w/Stealth Package. We no longer have any kids at home and have been entertaining the idea of down sizing (4 previous Expeditions). We have come across a couple '23 ST's in white both with the ST appearance package and ST high performance package. One has the premium tech package with active motion seats (preferred).

Should we wait for the '24 to see what interior upgrades are made in the display department? I currently have a '21 F150 with the 12" Sync4 display and like that set up. Our '19 Expedition just has the 8" sync 3. I have seen photos of the exterior for '24 online and I don't mind that change.

Are all of you happy with the current Sync3 and does it have wireless Carplay? I like that option in my '21 F150.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any exterior ‘24 pics you’ve seen are the Asian market cars and not confirmed for the US market. Same with the interior. And the next Explorer will not have Synch 4….it’s going to the new Android based system.
If you want an actual ST familiarize yourself with the new variants they have. The ST Line is looks with no power and not all ST’s are 4wd now. Make sure you actually get what you want.

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Doesn't have wireless car play, but I prefer wired anyway. Sync3 isn't bad, I do wish the carplay would use the entire screen and that the backup camera used the entire screen, but it's not a deal breaker for me personally. I purchased mine used, and couldn't be happier. If it's a deal breaker for you, than wait till the next generation comes out. I'm talking about the vertical screen one.

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Any exterior ‘24 pics you’ve seen are the Asian market cars and not confirmed for the US market. Same with the interior. And the next Explorer will not have Synch 4….it’s going to the new Android based system.
If you want an actual ST familiarize yourself with the new variants they have. The ST Line is looks with no power and not all ST’s are 4wd now. Make sure you actually get what you want.
We don't want the ST line and we know we want 4WD as we live in NW Minnesota and it is still winter here, just got 12" of snow a day ago!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Currently my wife drives a '19 Expedition Limited w/Stealth Package. We no longer have any kids at home and have been entertaining the idea of down sizing (4 previous Expeditions). We have come across a couple '23 ST's in white both with the ST appearance package and ST high performance package. One has the premium tech package with active motion seats (preferred).

Should we wait for the '24 to see what interior upgrades are made in the display department? I currently have a '21 F150 with the 12" Sync4 display and like that set up. Our '19 Expedition just has the 8" sync 3. I have seen photos of the exterior for '24 online and I don't mind that change.

Are all of you happy with the current Sync3 and does it have wireless Carplay? I like that option in my '21 F150.
Welcome to the forum.

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

I have no issues with my 2021 ST, and I think for the most part the ST is your best bang for the buck. Sync doesn't play a huge roll in my life and I haven't done much with it, so for that I have no opinion. If you want a little more punch you could add a tune to the ST. I chose SCT for both their pricing and added tunes. They have done a super job with their product and additional tunes are available from a large number of vendors. If you need to win the Winter Nationals you can go with ZFG at 3 times the cost. Many people think they have the best tune when combined with some additional bolt on products.

SCT Performance Programmers & Tuners | Browse SCT Products Online Now (sctflash.com)

Good luck, have fun, welcome to the forum.

Explorer ST Posts