Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Shoddy Craftsmanship....

Reactions
So I’ve been meaning to post this. Has anyone else looked around at the carpet on the interior of the vehicle? i noticed this photo in between the passenger seat and the door. It’s in plain site. There are some other areas just under the seats that have some not so clean cuts in the carpet. I would just expect the quality and attention to detail to be a little better for 60K. What kind of fix would you recommend to cover this up? BBE51DBB-DB88-4A5E-81EE-49DA841122D7.jpeg

Bgrdnr

Reactions
Every ST I looked at in person or in dealer photos looked like that on passenger side. Driver’s side was fine. Frustrating

Reactions
Ford has been doing this for years, not really much you can do.

Reactions
I actually have that on the driver side. I do agree that for the price there should’ve been a little more attention to detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I must agree. Open your moon roof if you have one and look at how the fabric from the roof is attached in there. Quite junky for a $60K vehicle. Still digging the car overall though!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
Go to home depot and get some edge trim in Black, cut to fit, snug it on.
I've seen trim for tile, paneling, flooring, etc..

Tervlab

Reactions
Go to home depot and get some edge trim in Black, cut to fit, snug it on.
I've seen trim for tile, paneling, flooring, etc..
Did you do this? Can you post a pic? Was thinking of putting a stip of black velro over it...at least the white thread would be hidden...Ugh!

Reactions
So I’ve been meaning to post this. Has anyone else looked around at the carpet on the interior of the vehicle? i noticed this photo in between the passenger seat and the door. It’s in plain site. There are some other areas just under the seats that have some not so clean cuts in the carpet. I would just expect the quality and attention to detail to be a little better for 60K. What kind of fix would you recommend to cover this up? View attachment 298
You think that's bad ? Let us know when the front bolster seam splits on the drivers bun pad. The warranty replacement is now doing the same as the O/E cover. I'm going to order all black ballistic r&l front row covers from Saddleman and be done with it.

Reactions
Ford has struggled/suffered in the Fit & Finish area for decades.

Reactions
Minor. Our beamer has an f&f here n there as well.
Overall, we are still loving our ST and are simply thrilled.