Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Shark Fin

Reactions
So as I start making my ST mine, there was something I noticed. I have the rapid rad color but my shark fin is black texture. Since I am trying to color match everything, I have noticed that some shark fins are body colored to match. (For example, look at the third ST on the top of the page, blue shark fin)

Is there a cover you can buy and paint match it? was it only for 2020? Is there even a part number?

I did search thru the forum and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this has been discussed.

Steve

ST-KK

Reactions
Must be a cost savings thing for 2021. 2020 had color matched fin. 4F54766C-B49F-423F-9BF4-A63C83823044.jpeg

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
so, there is hope that i can buy the part and it should fit? Anyone know how they attach? Do I need to drop the headliner?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yea you would have to drop the headliner.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My 2020 is also colored matched

ST-KK

Reactions
Wondering if it’s a non-street pack thing. My 2021 came color matched...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
White 2021 seem to be color matched looking at local dealer inventory.

Reactions
it's not painted on my 2021, but it's also gray and blends in with the gray vehicle

F=MA

Reactions
All three Star White 2021's with the Street Pack option have white shark fins on my dealers website.

Reactions
All three Star White 2021's with the Street Pack option have white shark fins on my dealers website.
Guess I picked the right color! Like [mention]Symetry [/mention]says, it’s the fastest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
My 2021 Carbonized Grey has a non-painted shark fin, but again it blends in.

Blackssr

Reactions
My white 2021 color matched as well.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily ran out of painted sharkfin and just subbed the unpainted ones.

Blackssr

Reactions
I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily ran out of painted sharkfin and just subbed the unpainted ones.
I tried to wrap mine in carbon fiber several times. I failed several times. Lol.. CK wraps on YouTube does it in one piece in less than 10 minutes. I believe he's the only professional that can do the fin in one piece.

Reactions
My atlas blue, manf date of 3/21, with street pack, has the black fin. Didn't really notice, blends in with other black exterior bits.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I tried to wrap mine in carbon fiber several times. I failed several times. Lol.. CK wraps on YouTube does it in one piece in less than 10 minutes. I believe he's the only professional that can do the fin in one piece.
my guy (see sig below) did mine with one piece. he was able to do the side-view mirrors in one piece as well. so yes, i took my body-colored shark fin and proceeded to wrap it black.

Blackssr

Reactions
my guy (see sig below) did mine with one piece. he was able to do the side-view mirrors in one piece as well. so yes, i took my body-colored shark fin and proceeded to wrap it black.
Do you have any photos? I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination just a tinkerer best. I love to see how the edges look.