Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Settings defaulting

Reactions
Hi everyone;

Finally took delivery of my ST after a 6-month factory order wait. So far happy with it except for one issue, which is that the settings for Reverse Brake Assist and Assisted Braking for the pre-collision system keep defaulting back on every startup - in other words, I turn them off and drive, and then the next time I start up the car they have all defaulted ON again. Am I missing something here? I see a few people have had some software issues but I’m not getting an error messages - just these settings defaulting on every startup.

BRISKI

Reactions
Hi everyone;

Finally took delivery of my ST after a 6-month factory order wait. So far happy with it except for one issue, which is that the settings for Reverse Brake Assist and Assisted Braking for the pre-collision system keep defaulting back on every startup - in other words, I turn them off and drive, and then the next time I start up the car they have all defaulted ON again. Am I missing something here? I see a few people have had some software issues but I’m not getting an error messages - just these settings defaulting on every startup.
My husband and I are having the same problem as you with both of our STs and we need an answer too. He's having so many other issues though that he's initiated a buy back. The two brake assist settings defaulting back to ON is my only issue but it's very annoying. I'm going to call our dealer this week. I've had my ST for a week. My husband has had his for 4 weeks and it's been in the shop for 1 of those weeks for the auto brake hold turning off at every start up, the temperature dash lights flickering, one of his steering wheel buttons not working at all and his touch screen not responding, the heat doesn't work, the keyless entry code on the door won't respond for up to a minute, different icons on the touch pad aren't there at certain start ups. They weren't able to fix much of that list and told him to call Ford. This is after we just traded in our 2018s because of so many issues over the 2 years. I'm really hoping the past doesn't repeat itself. I'll let you know if we find an answer. Our Ford guys are really good to us, I'm usually pleased with their help.

Reactions
Hi everyone;

Congrats! I hope my order isn’t a 6 month wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Congrats! I hope my order isn’t a 6 month wait...

Thanks, and I doubt it. I had the misfortune of a pandemic happening in the middle of it. If I hadn’t, it would have been right in line with the 8-12 weeks they said it would be.

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
My husband and I are having the same problem as you with both of our STs and we need an answer too. He's having so many other issues though that he's initiated a buy back. The two brake assist settings defaulting back to ON is my only issue but it's very annoying. I'm going to call our dealer this week. I've had my ST for a week. My husband has had his for 4 weeks and it's been in the shop for 1 of those weeks for the auto brake hold turning off at every start up, the temperature dash lights flickering, one of his steering wheel buttons not working at all and his touch screen not responding, the heat doesn't work, the keyless entry code on the door won't respond for up to a minute, different icons on the touch pad aren't there at certain start ups. They weren't able to fix much of that list and told him to call Ford. This is after we just traded in our 2018s because of so many issues over the 2 years. I'm really hoping the past doesn't repeat itself. I'll let you know if we find an answer. Our Ford guys are really good to us, I'm usually pleased with their help.
The only issue I’m having is the settings reverting. Since they’re safety settings I’m starting to think they may not be the kind of settings that stay off permanently.

Reactions
The only issue I’m having is the settings reverting. Since they’re safety settings I’m starting to think they may not be the kind of settings that stay off permanently.
Unless it’s very annoying I plan on keeping it on. Too many kids in my area who don’t care that there are moving vehicles. Knock on wood I’m very diligent when checking my surroundings but having that on can be the difference.

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I found it to be very abrupt, so I prefer to operate without it. I’ve heard a few horror stories about the brakes applying when not needed. I don’t trust that kind of thing.

Reactions
I noticed mine defaults back to ON as well. I back into my garage and since it's a somewhat tight fit the brakes slam on occasionally because it thinks I'm going to hit something. Having to change that setting every time I want to park in the garge is annoying.

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I have reached the conclusion that it will not stay off unless programmed out. Not sure if that’s something this Forscan everyone talks about can do. I will have to look into it; meanwhile, I have got the process down to a few seconds now so I’m not too bothered by it anymore. Had to do a couple buttons in my old car to shut off the traction control and whatnot too. Just a few more “pre-flight checks” for this one.