Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Seatbelt Alert

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey All,
Do I have to put a seatbelt around any packages of weight on the passenger seat or is there a way to tell the computer there's no passenger?
The alert gets pretty incessant after a while.

Thanks!

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I would just click in the seatbelt. Doesn't have to be around the packages. On my daughter's VW Jetta if I put my cell phone on the passenger seat, I get the seatbelt alert. The Explorer isn't that sensitive in my experience.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Here are the directions from the owners manual. Sound like a pain to me.
1700425347901.png

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I would just click in the seatbelt. Doesn't have to be around the packages. On my daughter's VW Jetta if I put my cell phone on the passenger seat, I get the seatbelt alert. The Explorer isn't that sensitive in my experience.
Yes, I had to have some pretty heavy packages for the alert to activate.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Here are the directions from the owners manual. Sound like a pain to me.
View attachment 20594
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. It is a lengthy procedure but as long as it doesn't reset with every start, it works for me.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. It is a lengthy procedure but as long as it doesn't reset with every start, it works for me.

It doesn't, I turned mine off.