Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT X4 Tuning!

Reactions
Hi I’m planning to install SCT X4 tune on my 2021 ST from JDM Engineering out of NJ. Any feedback would be appreciated? Any pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
if you scroll down on this page you will see about a dozen "similar threads" and many have "SCT" in the subject line.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
if you scroll down on this page you will see about a dozen "similar threads" and many have "SCT" in the subject line.
Got it! Mixed reviews I don’t get it….

Reactions
Got it! Mixed reviews I don’t get it….

That is awesome to hear! I also went with JDM for their 93 octane tune!
Quite impressed tbh. They know what they're doing and they are extremely helpful and friendly (Jim Sr and Jim jr.)
They revised their original tune with a stage 1 when the Whipple IC was installed and found a ton of power to be had.
I'm waiting to receive the SPD downpipes so they can data log and revise again.
Right now I've managed 4.11s 0-60 consistently with Whipple IC, Borla Atak exhaust, and 93 ocane tune.
I know I can break into the 3's just need to get a better launch, less tire spin, and weather conditions.
They estimate mid 3's with dp's so we shall see!

Reactions
Hi I’m planning to install SCT X4 tune on my 2021 ST from JDM Engineering out of NJ. Any feedback would be appreciated? Any pros and cons?
I'm definitely going to be following this thread to see what others day. Being in NJ myself as well it's always nice to have a local option.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s a quality tune you won’t have any issues with. Not the most power you can get but a damn nice increase.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Quite impressed tbh. They know what they're doing and they are extremely helpful and friendly (Jim Sr and Jim jr.)
They revised their original tune with a stage 1 when the Whipple IC was installed and found a ton of power to be had.
Right now I've managed 4.11s 0-60 consistently with Whipple IC, Borla Atak exhaust, and 93 ocane tune.
I know I can break into the 3's just need to get a better launch, less tire spin, and weather conditions.
Going to install mine once out of the dealer shop! Will keep you updated

LokiWolf

Reactions
I want to see the Dragy of this 93 Tune with stock Turbos in the “mid 3’s” when you do it. I say no way. Even with DP’s, and IC you are not getting to 3.5 0-60 on Pump 93.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
No 93 tune on the planet will do mid 3’s….not happening. It takes downpipes and E50 on top of everything else. 4.0’s will be your bottom end.

Reactions
It's called the "Draggy Throw".

Step 1: Roll down driver window
Step 2: Hold draggy in hand
Step 3: Accelerate
Step 4: At appx 50mph throw the Draggy forward as hard as you can and hope it logs before it breaks.

this is the ONLY proven method of getting mid-3’s on a 93 tune. Ok, maybe not proven yet, but I welcome you to try.

Last edited:
Reactions
Car is running low 4's consistently with tire spin and other factors so I assume I can get into the high 3's with all things considered.
I doubt adding the downpipes will get me from a 4.11/high 3's to mid 3's tbh.
I guess we shall see once I get the dp`s on.
Could the increase in boost help? I believe they have it running at 21psi right now.
lol@twin001 might be worth a try :)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Car is running low 4's consistently with tire spin and other factors so I assume I can get into the high 3's with all things considered.
I doubt adding the downpipes will get me from a 4.11/high 3's to mid 3's tbh.
I guess we shall see once I get the dp`s on.
Could the increase in boost help? I believe they have it running at 21psi right now.
lol@twin001 might be worth a try :)
Many of us have done what you’re doing now…the results have been consistent across the board as far as improvements with certain mods. 4.0’s generally on 93 with stock exhaust. 3.9’s after DP’s on 93 and 3.70’s on E50.

Last edited:
Reactions
Many of us have done what you’re doing now…the results have been consistent across the board as far as improvements with certain mods. 4.0’s generally on 93 with stock exhaust. 3.9’s after DP’s on 93 and 3.70’s on E50.
I'd be happy breaking 3's tbh. Maybe with a little more boost increase and I do have the Borla not stock exhaust I can squeeze some more idk.
A prepped track would be nice to go to just to eliminate the real world concrete. I can't find any nice pavement around me to try on.
I guess to get to the next big jump in 0-60 times (3.3 - 3.5 to compete with a stock Trackhawk) would be upgrading the turbos and a new HPFP to run E50.
I'm more excited to get the dp's on to hear the change in exhaust tone. I have the Borla Atak with a X-pipe and it sounds mean already but I really want to hear the difference with dp's.
Hoping for a more deep throatier rumble. Well that's my 2 cents. Thanks for the feedback unbroken.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Unfortunately your a Borla exhaust didn’t add anything buy sound. It’s the same size as oem. And you don’t need a HPFP to run E50….just a tune for it.

Reactions
HEy guys im new to this but doing some research .... ilive in nj and JDM is the only place i see that can tune my car in NJ ....if i wanted t go with ZFG or 5 Star do i just order it online and JDM can install it for me? or how does this work? should i just go with the JDM tune? i will have the Whipple IC , Steeda Lowering Springs installed ass well with the tune i just want the best tune for my Daily ST what do you guys think?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
HEy guys im new to this but doing some research .... ilive in nj and JDM is the only place i see that can tune my car in NJ ....if i wanted t go with ZFG or 5 Star do i just order it online and JDM can install it for me? or how does this work? should i just go with the JDM tune? i will have the Whipple IC , Steeda Lowering Springs installed ass well with the tune i just want the best tune for my Daily ST what do you guys think?
You would order the tuning device and tune from ZFG and install it yourself via laptop. It’s a very simple process with plenty of support to walk you through the process.

Reactions
You would order the tuning device and tune from ZFG and install it yourself via laptop. It’s a very simple process with plenty of support to walk you through the process.
if you were me would you just go with JDM Tune since i can drive to the shop and they will be installing the lowering springs and intercooler as well..... or is th ZFG or 5 star tune so much better that i should order it separate? here is the link for JDM tune https://www.teamjdm.com/sct-x4-programmer-3-0l-explorer-st/#product-reviews

Reactions

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
ZFG > all…it’s just the way it is.
5 Star shouldn’t even be on your list.

Last edited:
Reactions