Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT BDX vs X4 ?

Raceleader

Reactions
Hi people !! Hope you are all doing well.

Can somebody please explain me what is the differences between an SCT BDX and a X4 ?

Also, on the SCT website they states :

"The device backs up your factory PCM program during installation should you ever need to return your vehicle to the stock program. Restoring your vehicle to the stock PCM program is as easy as selecting "Return to Stock" "

Would that meens that FORD dealer won't se i have flashed my car if i "return t stock" prior of showing up at the dealer for maintenance ?

Thanks for all the help and answers provided.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any tune worth having these days is via one of the HP Tuners devices. NGauge is the most popular. Their software is vastly superior to anything SCT has put right now.
All will allow you to return to stock.

Reactions
Go with the hp tuners RTD or MPVI2 (both require a laptop). Sct support is very lack luster these days. And if you are looking for a custom tune I wouldn't go with the n gauge because the data logging on the ngauge isn't very good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
Raceleader

Raceleader

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Great guys,

But how about the return to stock function ? Would the dealer see something ? Or it's like nothing never happened ?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If they look deep enough they can find out. The key on count is one way they can tell things have been changed.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Great guys,

But how about the return to stock function ? Would the dealer see something ? Or it's like nothing never happened ?
Even if you flash back, they can tell you did something. As @UNBROKEN says, the computer records how many times you have started the ignition. If you have only started the ignition 4 or 5 times and the truck has 3000 miles on it, they know exactly what you did. There is no "cheating" a tune. Either do it and be ready to have any engine warranty denied or don't and wait until your warranty is up. The choice is yours.

OP
Raceleader

Raceleader

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Ok,

I'll pass for the tune then.

Thank you all for the clarifications.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Ok,

I'll pass for the tune then.

Thank you all for the clarifications.
Up to you, but you definitely won’t be the “raceleader” then...

HaHa, couldn’t resist!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Raceleader

Raceleader

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Up to you, but you definitely won’t be the “raceleader” then...

HaHa, couldn’t resist!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hahaha got me.

That being said, even stock ST can smoke a lot of car around anyway :)

Have a nice day guys