Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof rail delete

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have the part# for the center and rear retainers?
I was able to get the front only
The fronts are the only retainers. There are no center or rear.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Unless Ford changed something…those are just part of the car under the trim. It’s been too long and I don’t remember but I was the 2nd or 3rd person to do this mod and the parts list is 4 part numbers. 2 front retainers and 2 trim pieces that run front to rear. Those 4 parts are all it takes to delete the rails.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have one without rails and I want one. I'm one of those people who likes how they look.

I would have traded for the parts required for the swap, but after looking at the amount of labor required and the number of interior trim parts that needs removal, I have decided to wait till I become more familiar with the vehicle.

I have added functional rails and crossbars on my last Honda CRV and it was so much easier to do. Everything was done from exterior of the car. It costed me 170$ altogether.

Wondering why it has to be this complicated for explorer? Also design wise, I think the nuts welded on the roof frame (Honda) is a better design than the holes that needs waterproofing (Ford).

Also now I understood why the Ford sales person was evading my request to add one from dealer side, before I took delivery.

[Rant over]

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
The rails are definitely functional but I have zero use for them
I can pack more than i will ever need in the back
Let me know if you ever want to swap
Its not a lot of labor just time consuming removing the trim

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Im located in the palm springs area

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Chicagoland here if you are ever looking to swap. I have rails but prefer the clean look if no rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
Does anyone have the delete kit and want to sell or trade?

codysjb

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I have the bare roof delete kit if anyone is looking to trade.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #30
I have the bare roof delete kit if anyone is looking to trade.
Sent you a PM

Detroitwelder

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
I know this is a old thread but wanted to put some pictures on of my rack delete and wrap

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I know this is a old thread but wanted to put some pictures on of my rack delete and wrap
Car looks good! But kudos on such a clean garage! I would have to board up the door from my house to the garage to have a garage like that! As soon as my wife knows there is an empty room somewhere she fills it! Lol

Detroitwelder

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Car looks good! But kudos on such a clean garage! I would have to board up the door from my house to the garage to have a garage like that! As soon as my wife knows there is an empty room somewhere she fills it! I am single with grown kids.