Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof rack delete

Reactions
It is your vehicle to do with as you please. Unless, you have leased it or financed it. If either or, you might wish to read the contractual signed agreements. Most have sections regarding vehicle modifications. My late parents spent good money sending me to Stanford Law .............

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
It is your vehicle to do with as you please. Unless, you have leased it or financed it. If either or, you might wish to read the contractual signed agreements. Most have sections regarding vehicle modifications. My late parents spent good money sending me to Stanford Law .............
You are probably correct sir...
I haven't had my attorney review my purchase contract with regards to modifications regulations....
As I have stated before, this is a mute point as I accept 100% responsibility for this mod work on my vehicle...
I feel quite differently about mechanical upgrades /modifications

Reactions
After having been burned by Ford over an electrical issue to the tune of close to $1k usd, I now tread lightly when it comes to any changes. That is why my ngauge is simply decoration. The tune from Palm Beach will never be installed in this Explorer. I will simply wait for Ford Performance to do their thing.

Reactions
@Shahdog , I was referring to what we call "diminished value". Buried in all the legalise one signs, is a clause covering cosmetic or mechanical modifications to the vehicle while owned by the lessor or, the finance company. There was a posting to the big Corvette forum board several years ago where a "user" added an aero kit and ground effects to the vehicle. When his lease was up, the leasing company billed him for the diminished value. He refused to pay it. The leasing company sued and won. He ended up having to buy his way out of the mess. Worse, the car looked like a ricer ............ :ROFLMAO:

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
@Shahdog , I was referring to what we call "diminished value". Buried in all the legalise one signs, is a clause covering cosmetic or mechanical modifications to the vehicle while owned by the lessor or, the finance company. There was a posting to the big Corvette forum board several years ago where a "user" added an aero kit and ground effects to the vehicle. When his lease was up, the leasing company billed him for the diminished value. He refused to pay it. The leasing company sued and won. He ended up having to buy his way out of the mess. Worse, the car looked like a ricer ............ :ROFLMAO:
Again, you are correct sir...
Any "mods" generally diminish the value of a vehicle...
As someone once said "if you wanna play, you gotta pay"

Reactions
True this .................. (y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
MikeyTX - Does your ST have the sunroof? When I look up those part numbers the description notes "without sunroof"

Reactions
:) Thank you. I was simply trying to get a decent shot of the roof with the OE luggage rails removed and the XLT/PIU inserts in their place.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any tips for someone that's about to do the same? Just waiting on parts.

Reactions
Front of the trim inserts ............
View attachment 759
Are these the XLT/PIU part numbers? My dealer is waiting for a PIU to come in for service to grab the VIN to look up the parts - but if these are the part numbers that saves us the time!

Reactions
The p/n's I posted are for both right and left complete set.

Reactions
MikeyTX - Does your ST have the sunroof? When I look up those part numbers the description notes "without sunroof"
I do not believe they will work. The panoramic sunroof top panel has different rollover supports.

Reactions
Anyone have or know the right part #s for w/sunroof?

Couch

Reactions
Hey guys,

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but I am curious to know if anyone had the dealership install the parts vs. doing it themselves? If so, what kind of price did the dealership charge?

Reactions
I missed this my half a year. lol
The part numbers fit either model.
its ok - my dealership wants nothing to do with messing with the headliner.. lol