Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof rack delete

TJST

Reactions
My dealer did the work. And yes, the headliner must be dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Couch

Reactions
My dealer did the work. And yes, the headliner must be dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you don't mind me asking, what did something like that run you price wise?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s not so bad. Took about 4 hours by myself.

Reactions
I guess I lucked out a bit since I was able to order a 2021 without the rails installed which saves a couple hundred on the price as well :) I was thinking if I didn't like the look without them I could just add them, but if I have to drop the headliner then I may think twice about that, lol

Reactions
Hey guys,

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but I am curious to know if anyone had the dealership install the parts vs. doing it themselves? If so, what kind of price did the dealership charge?
Mine were dealer installed. Took the tech about 3 hrs @$ 50 hr. Well worth it IMHO. There will never be any issues under my warranty if the roof should ever leak. Do it yourself and you are on your own !

Reactions
I guess I lucked out a bit since I was able to order a 2021 without the rails installed which saves a couple hundred on the price as well :) I was thinking if I didn't like the look without them I could just add them, but if I have to drop the headliner then I may think twice about that, lol
Headliner has to come down.

Reactions
Again, you are correct sir...
Any "mods" generally diminish the value of a vehicle...
As someone once said "if you wanna play, you gotta pay"
Surprised people had issues with this. My BMW leases have the same language and I’ve never once had a problem. I’ve even left aftermarket exhausts on, tunes, very dark tint, color painted reflectors etc and the only response I’ve ever received across 3 dealerships in different states is something like “this looks nice we’ll probably be able to sell it easier”.

Reactions
To
Mine were dealer installed. Took the tech about 3 hrs @$ 50 hr. Well worth it IMHO. There will never be any issues under my warranty if the roof should ever leak. Do it yourself and you are on your own !
To confirm you paid $150 for labor plus the cost of the parts listed earlier?

STrooper

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I’m also looking to delete the rack off my 2020 ST. I have found the parts needed to install the roof rack inserts for the Interceptor. Looks like it will cost more than I wanted but I think this is the route I’ll go.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
They have jacked the prices up like crazy. It was less than $400 for everything when I bought the parts for mine.

PostmanRP

Reactions
Glad I was able to find one without them installed. Know I’d never use them