Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Roof Rack add-on

KegsBdry

Reactions
Looking to make the ST look a little more rugged and mean looking (but functional). Looking for your advice & tips.

I haven't found pics of a Explorer ST with a roof rack/ladder (with lights). Example pic included.

Attachments

Tank

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
looks good. Curious, have you taken it offroad yet? I just bought my ST this week and don't want it to be over it's head road-wise.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
looks good. Curious, have you taken it offroad yet? I just bought my ST this week and don't want it to be over it's head road-wise.
Steep incline/decline dirt country roads only. I have not truly been off road with it yet. Waiting until the next camping trip to do that.

Reactions
Why a rack with a ladder, are you that short that you can't reach the roof?
If you want a functional off road vehicle first I would say you made a poor purchase as the ST isn't off road and for what an ST cost you could have purchased something way more suited to off road.
So if you want to make the ST off road you had best forget about top side upgrades or cool factor stuff and start piling the cash into bottom side upgrades. Lift the frame 4 to 6 inches which will probably effect drive line angles and suspension. Going to need some tires with some height and side wall that can be run at low pressures.
Best bet is sell the ST and pick something more off road worth that's capable of full time 4x4.